Album of the Month - February 2022

blutarsky

2 hours ago, lessthanwill1 said:

Disappointed by Mitski 😞 

16 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Yeah that album seems to have come and gone with a resounding ‘eh’. It’s not bad but after a couple of listens I’ve not found much to bring me back again. It just kind of… exists. Puberty 2 will always be my favourite. 

Interesting.... I think it's easy to become a victim of your own success and Laurel Hell was definitely a step down from Puberty 2 and Be the Cowboy. 

Still an easy 8/10 album though imo

Agree with @FloorFiller:

1. Black Country, New Road 

2. Big Thief

3. Spoon

Great month, after slim pickings in Jan. 1 & 2 AOTY contenders; never really listed to Spoon but that's a belter too. Melt Yourself Down and Sasami also very enjoyable, and Keeley Forsyth going to get a lot more late night listens.

Edited by Brave Sir Robin

1. Beach House - Once Twice Melody
2. Black Country, New Road - Ants From Up There
3. Gang of Youths - Angel In Realtime

A very strong month. Spoon, Mitski, Metronomy and Big Thief could all have topped my January list if they were out a bit earlier. I expect Beach House and Black Country, New Road to do quite well in my end of year list too.

Decent month again for me.

1. Buzzard Buzzard Buzzard - Backhand Deals (big surprise this one, came in completely under my radar)

2. Frank Turner - FTHC

3. White Lies - As I Try Not To Fall Apart (another surprise, initially found it quite meh but it's really grown on me)

Honourable mentions to Sea Power, Tears For Fears and the EP from Youth Sector.

Once again this thread (and the other months) is fantastic for discovering music i know nothing about. Seeing the votes is really helpful. Don't agree with all the votes but Gang of Youths and Spoon are new additions to the like list. Thank you all. Keep on doing what you are doing. My vote would be 1. Spoon 2. BCNR 3, Gang of Youths. Realise I missed the cut.......