Day Split Thread

Guy Incognito

47 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Keg, Snapped Ankles, Fat Dog, English Teacher, Golden Dregs, Wu-Lu

All of that. 

Fat Dog are fucking wild live. If Wu-Lu gets close to his Tipi set of last year it will be one of the best of the weekend.

Key are a riot. So funny and will get the crowd going. 

I'd also recommend M(h)aol and Skullcrusher on Friday.

7 minutes ago, domjon said:

Surely the boat stuff is gonna be on later than the clashfinder suggests? Party Dozen, Fat Dog, Snapped Ankles etc etc it doesn't strike me as afternoon scheduling 

I would imagine Fat Dog have to be a dead cert for a secret late night Tipi set.

25 minutes ago, domjon said:

Surely the boat stuff is gonna be on later than the clashfinder suggests? Party Dozen, Fat Dog, Snapped Ankles etc etc it doesn't strike me as afternoon scheduling 

My thinking was it's going to be the same area as the disco ship, which I assume will still be there, so that would take precedence after 7 or so, though then advertising Tom Ravenscroft as DJing on the Saturday might be confusing.

EDIT: wait, Lunge say they're playing "Friday night", but Andy Backhouse says on IG he's DJing the Disco Ship from 10pm on Sunday.. So... I'm confused now. Anyone want to drop a DM to some of the acts?

Edited by SweepingTheNation
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, benali said:

I would imagine Fat Dog have to be a dead cert for a secret late night Tipi set.

I need to see this band and, I’m sure you’re right…perfect fit for this slot. Just not Sunday night as I’ll probably be dead by then. 

Thought I'd pop back into this discussion.

Thanks Sweeping for doing the Clashfinder! Much appreciated 🙂 

Fat Dog are the best new band I've seen this year (they're playing Visions tomorrow afternoon for any London-based people). Very excited for them at EotR and as has been said they HAVE to play late-night Tipi too!

10 minutes ago, paulwa said:

That doesn't look or sound like the Fat Dog from the EOTR playlist, who have an 80s US rock sound and sing about junk food (I do like a novelty act). Is it the same band?

Presumably just a mistake by the playlist editor...the fat dog we're expecting haven't released anything yet

Yeah, as much as I like that Pizza Party Rock track (and I insisted that the mates I'm going with check it out), I think you're right that it's a different band. The EOTR website description doesn't align:

FAT DOG

Formed during lockdown, Fat Dog have played around London for a solid year now – putting in the blood, sweat and tears necessary to hone their sound: a furious blast of full-out rock n’ roll, laced over futuristic synth. Urgent and sharp, a strong backbeat layered with siren-song calculated to intoxicate even the most tech-warped minds. Go see it for yourself.

Well done & thanks to those who contributed to the clashfinder. Been running through it and getting to know a number of the acts. 

Friday’s line up is superb (it’s always the Friday isn’t it!). Crazy clashes early doors with English Teacher, Mandy Indiana & Fat Dog all at same time - hoping confirmation of the Boat timings will help. Really liking Automotion as well, first up on the Big Top. 

1 hour ago, mario man said:

Well done & thanks to those who contributed to the clashfinder. Been running through it and getting to know a number of the acts. 

Friday’s line up is superb (it’s always the Friday isn’t it!). Crazy clashes early doors with English Teacher, Mandy Indiana & Fat Dog all at same time - hoping confirmation of the Boat timings will help. Really liking Automotion as well, first up on the Big Top. 

Automotion are already better than Oasis. Really hope they are a late night tipi act.

What are people's schedules looking like so far based on Sweeping's clashfinder? More uncertainty this year than in the past due to the addition of a new stage and fewer bands than usual on the Woods Stage on Saturday, but this is what I have so far:

Thursday - pretty straightforward, no clashes for me:

K.O.G.
Sudan Archives
Apollo Ghosts
Khruangbin

Friday - early afternoon is an absolute nightmare, clashes all over the place... but I'll probably settle for the following:

Automotion
Keg
Mandy, Indiana
First half of Highschool
Circuit des Yeux
A bit of Anais Mitchell
Durand Jones & The Indications
Second half of Nilufer Yanya
Tinariwen
Buffalo Nichols
black midi
Battles

Would also like to squeeze in Snapped Ankles if I can, but who knows what time they'll be on?

Saturday - less clashtastic except for the Illighadad vs. Warrington vs. Nukuluk chaos. Magnetic Fields vs. Pixies is also a bit gutting.

Yasmin Williams
Les Filles de Illighadad
Alabaster dePlume
Los Bitchos
Second half of TV Priest
Perfume Genius
Moor Mother
The Magnetic Fields

Also hoping to see John Francis Flynn and Jockstrap on the Boat.

Sunday - quite a few clashes again in the mid afternoon, but I might be able to catch at least a bit of everyone that I want to see if I sacrifice dinner 😄:

First half of Deathcrash
Jake Xerxes Fussell
Ural Thomas & The Pain
Second half of Cassandra Jenkins
A bit of BCUC
Ryley Walker
Bingo Fury
Hailu Mergia
Kurt Vile
Cola
Aldous Harding
Ahmed Fakroun

Also keen on Duncan Marquiss, O. and James Holden & Waclaw Zimpel on The Boat if I can fit them in.

• Upvote 1