Day Split Thread

Guy Incognito

It's 12 o'clock on the Saturday afternoon, the sun is shining hot... your hangover ain't too bad...you stretch out in front of the garden stage, adjust your position and wistfully remember the pre-cheese grater days...your mate arrives back from the bar, hands you a glistening cold pint...the peacock chicks are pottering around your feet, the dragonflies are swooping overhead, everything is at peace in the world...so, who ya got playing that plum Saturday garden opening slot???

One of my favourite slots over the years tbh...a realistic guess...or just who would you love it to be out of the current line up?

Dream opener for me would be Alabaster Deplume, what a fucking way to start the day that would be, mesmerising jazzy wistfullness to ease in the long day ahead

Perhaps more realistic and equally soothing, someone like Lael Neale?

Who ya got?

• Like 1

Always good to start with some country-tinged folk, to ease your way in gently, though my "recovery" will be about two Bloody Mary's in at this stage. These acts always seem to tell good stories between songs too. One more vote for Jake Xerxes Fussell.

Thursday - Khruangbin, Sudan Archives

Friday  - Fleet Foxes, Anais Mitchell, Dehd, Karima Walker, Skullcrusher

Saturday - Magnetic Fields, Kevin Morby, The Weather Station, Perfume Genius, Alabaster Deplume, Gabriels, Xenia Rubinos , Emma-Jean Thackray, Los Bitchos

Sunday - Hurray for the Riff Raff, Kurt Vile, Cola, Ryley Walker, Gwenifer Raymond, Part Chimp, Scalping, Jana Horn, Lael Neale, Yard Act, Cassandra Jenkins

On 5/1/2022 at 4:09 PM, Guy Incognito said:
On 5/7/2022 at 11:11 AM, Guy Incognito said:

Thursday - Khruangbin, Sudan Archives

Friday  - Fleet Foxes, Anais Mitchell, Dehd, Karima Walker, Skullcrusher

Saturday - Magnetic Fields, Kevin Morby, The Weather Station, Perfume Genius, Alabaster Deplume, Gabriels, Xenia Rubinos , Emma-Jean Thackray, Los Bitchos

Sunday - Hurray for the Riff Raff, Kurt Vile, Cola, Ryley Walker, Gwenifer Raymond, Part Chimp, Scalping, Jana Horn, Lael Neale, Yard Act, Cassandra Jenkins

TV Priest are playing the Friday according to the Sub Pop website.

1 hour ago, SweepingTheNation said:

So, inspired by @lessthanwill1's attempt at a Green Man prospective clashfinder, I've trawled through every act's tour dates and come up with this: https://clashfinder.com/s/eotr2022/

Only three acts fewer announced than last year's full bill, you may notice.

Love it!  The Perfume Genius / Xenia Rubinos clash would be tough! 

14 hours ago, SweepingTheNation said:

So, inspired by @lessthanwill1's attempt at a Green Man prospective clashfinder, I've trawled through every act's tour dates and come up with this: https://clashfinder.com/s/eotr2022/

Brilliant work! Wish this was the real thing, not too many clashes for me.

I should stress that when I said I'd been through every act, all the self-confirmations are given above but there's also some who are definitely elsewhere over some of the four days that I had to work around. There's a couple that could swap round (Scalping/Part Chimp especially) and it may be they can squeeze in one or two more but that seems broadly likely to me, considering things like Loud & Quiet's usual Sunday Big Top takeover.

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, SweepingTheNation said:

Margo Cilker Friday.

It's still on her website list (and the festival's) but Nilufer Yanya has posted on IG about her festival summer and listed everything she's been announced for except EOTR.

The EOTR feed/stories on IG has included her picture in it's update so hopefully means she is still playing.

Have changed a few things on the prospective Clashfinder, partly for some new confirmations (Circuit Des Yeux and Geese Friday, Katherine Priddy Sunday), partly because of some new clashes with other events, and also moved Sudan Archives off Thursday as that looks like a mistake on one graphic, giving myself a huge clash in the process.

Battles posted a list of all their summer dates on Twitter two days ago. No EOTR...

On 5/12/2022 at 9:02 PM, SweepingTheNation said:

I have been looking at this clashfinder/ thanks for doing this Sweep 👍

I really don’t want these clashes -

Pixies- The Magnetic Fields

Bright Eyes- Kurt Vile

Kevin Morby - Perfume Genius 

I would like to see all of those acts.

When are we likely to get the set times?