Site map 2022 v 2021

allpointsnorth

So for a rare time since 2009 I ended up missing last year at the last minute due to **vid reasons.

My question is how did the change in camping areas work out last year as I see they introduced a red gate for the boutique campers and shifted things about?
According to this years map they have gone back to how things were in the few previous years, any idea why that is? My worry for the changes made in 2021 was that the general camping areas were possibly reduced in size, plus they were moved to the more poorer rocky sloped field which adjoins family camping.

Edited by allpointsnorth
Format, grammar.

I can't say too much because we camped in our usual spot at the top of the hill near the Tipi tent, but it certainly felt more congested there than previous years, I would put this down to more camping area allocated to boutique.

Just out of interest, where are you seeing this year's map? I'm surprised that they've published it already.

1 hour ago, shoebox said:

I can't say too much because we camped in our usual spot at the top of the hill near the Tipi tent, but it certainly felt more congested there than previous years, I would put this down to more camping area allocated to boutique.

Just out of interest, where are you seeing this year's map? I'm surprised that they've published it already.

Where I normally camp looked to be in danger of being taken over by boutique camping last year, hence why I'm doing my research now..

This years site map https://endoftheroadfestival.com/information/accessibility/

Under 'boutique camping' it appears to suggest they have got rid of the red gate used last year, looks like all the boutique campers have to arrive with the masses.

https://endoftheroadfestival.com/information/camping

I think that may be an old map. That is where boutique camping used to be. 

Looking it it closely it shows the 'Rough Trade' shop, they weren't there last year but had a different record shop, so unless that was a one off and they already know Rough Trade will be back think it is an old map.

I camped in the quiet area last year, right at the top of the field and it was perfect.quiet,toilet block close etc. would be disappointed if they have changed it to the area on the accessibility map. however the general areas did seem pretty full so could see logic I suppose.

hoping it is an old map.

19 hours ago, Harry49 said:

I camped in the quiet area last year, right at the top of the field and it was perfect.quiet,toilet block close etc. would be disappointed if they have changed it to the area on the accessibility map. however the general areas did seem pretty full so could see logic I suppose.

hoping it is an old map.

I had reservations about the relocated quiet camping area, but apart from it feeling a bit of a schlep from the tent at the top of the field to the main arena, it was lovely with bijoux sweeping views across the site. I now would be sorry to go back to the old spot, I think.

• 6 months later...

Resurrecting this thread as it's not long until the festival. The map on the website is clearly marked as 2022, but looks a lot like the pre-2021 map.

The descriptions on the Camping page do not tie up with the map at all.

So which do we think is right?

For anyone that’s parked in red before/ stayed in boutique camping, is there an entrance and wristband exchange that side? Seems like a long old trek to wristband exchange opposite orange if not. Also, where do you need to show your booking to gain access to the boutique camping area? (red box office?). Apologies if these questions have obvious answers, first time back in 10 years

Last year was my first EoTR and I camped in the quiet area, which was great. As this appears to be moving back to where it had been located previously, what will be the main difference apart from a longer walk from car park? Is it smaller? Less flat etc

thanks

Re: boutique and red gate.

Last year was the first year they put boutique through red gate - its complicated by the fact last year boutique was in a different place and now it’s back in its original position. 

Based on last year red gate will have its own wristbanding so shouldn’t be any need to go near orange gate. 

As for boutique - just head towards it and they’ll check you details at the entrance, wristband you again (I.e. 2nd wristband) then take you to your tent.

Hope this helps 

7 hours ago, Harry49 said:

Last year was my first EoTR and I camped in the quiet area, which was great. As this appears to be moving back to where it had been located previously, what will be the main difference apart from a longer walk from car park? Is it smaller? Less flat etc

thanks

It’s a smaller area, if flatter overall, but the general camping area adjacent to it on the other side of the track is pretty much equally quiet, and arguably more pleasant.

On 8/27/2022 at 1:56 AM, RedRockRick said:

It’s a smaller area, if flatter overall, but the general camping area adjacent to it on the other side of the track is pretty much equally quiet, and arguably more pleasant.

Thanks for info. Sounds like I had nothing to be concerned about.