Jump to content

Bigfoot 2022


sadimmock
 Share

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

I find it telling that Snapped Ankles have moved up to the second tier of bands. There is absolutely no way that this will sell out. I feels like it is targeted at the old ATP demographic, but how much cross-over is there between that and the craft beer scene. This feels like such a mess and appalling value when you compare it to other festivals on this year. 

I have a feeling that, if it goes ahead, this will be the last Bigfoot. 

Interestingly their inept comms has continued. As of time now there is still nothing on Facebook or Twitter. I assume that the poster went onto Instagram? 

Edited by sadimmock
Typo
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Paul ™ said:

Got my doubts this is a 10k event with the acts announced which I was under impression it was this year...

The line-up feels noticeably "smaller" than last years 2k festival and really poor value given the ticket price. Either they have a really clear target market that I am not part of or they have completely shit the bed when it comes to the bookings. I wonder if not being promoted by one of the major groups has led to them being locked out by the booking agents? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, sadimmock said:

The line-up feels noticeably "smaller" than last years 2k festival and really poor value given the ticket price. Either they have a really clear target market that I am not part of or they have completely shit the bed when it comes to the bookings. I wonder if not being promoted by one of the major groups has led to them being locked out by the booking agents? 

Given how early it is in the year you'd think they would have a pretty clear run at most bands as not likely to be booked at other festivals the same weekend.

I am wondering if they lost money last year and are trying to recoup some of that? They seemed surprised at how many people took kids, and they didn't charge for kids at all last year. Even if 250 tickets went to kids out of the 4000 that would have left a hole in the region of £25,000 which for a new festival would be a sizable amount I guess. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, Flaminglippy said:

I am wondering if they lost money last year and are trying to recoup some of that? They seemed surprised at how many people took kids, and they didn't charge for kids at all last year. Even if 250 tickets went to kids out of the 4000 that would have left a hole in the region of £25,000 which for a new festival would be a sizable amount I guess. 

If can get that to an extent but surely recouping your loses begins with putting on a show tempting enough to convince enough people to hand over £150 (+booking fee). I've been trying to tempt some of my beer mates to come and they have all said no-way.

I'm not going to get emotional about a festival line-up because there are certainly bigger things going on in the world at the moment, but this does feel a bit underhand. We bought the tickets on the basis of last year. Since then the festival has moved to a less convenient site and the line-up is so different in focus that it doesn't feel like the same event. I feel a bit done. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, sadimmock said:

If can get that to an extent but surely recouping your loses begins with putting on a show tempting enough to convince enough people to hand over £150 (+booking fee). I've been trying to tempt some of my beer mates to come and they have all said no-way.

I'm not going to get emotional about a festival line-up because there are certainly bigger things going on in the world at the moment, but this does feel a bit underhand. We bought the tickets on the basis of last year. Since then the festival has moved to a less convenient site and the line-up is so different in focus that it doesn't feel like the same event. I feel a bit done. 

Yeah, absolutely spot on. Would be amazed if this sells put, certainly can't imagine many people booking early birds next year if it still goes ahead. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/2/2022 at 8:15 PM, sadimmock said:

There are a few things on there that I fancy. I do wonder what the main stage is actually going to be like... 

Think out of the bands in orange on the poster only Shame, Self Esteem, Snapped Ankles and Working Men's Club are on the main stage, the rest have either been confirmed for the Signature Brew or 'dance' stage I think.

 

Screenshot_20220303-205332_Chrome.thumb.jpg.add7e6b6bc2e8e632f2a5fe83a5f4d84.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Flaminglippy said:

Think out of the bands in orange on the poster only Shame, Self Esteem, Snapped Ankles and Working Men's Club are on the main stage, the rest have either been confirmed for the Signature Brew or 'dance' stage I think.

 

Screenshot_20220303-205332_Chrome.thumb.jpg.add7e6b6bc2e8e632f2a5fe83a5f4d84.jpg

That's encouraging. It leaves a few slots for "Special Guest Appearances" and I suspect that the size and cost of those will depend upon how well ticket sales go. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

This morning's failure in the Glastonbury resale means that I guess that I am fully committed to this now. Not sure if anyone saw but I think that there was a flash sale earlier this week. I wonder if this is a sign that sales aren't going too well? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Another flash sale, use the code SUMMER for £20 off any ticket. Just checked and this even works on the existing 4 for 3 tickets off, meaning each ticket is less than £100 (before booking fee)

Got a feeling this isn't selling too well....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, TheFullShaboo said:

Another flash sale, use the code SUMMER for £20 off any ticket. Just checked and this even works on the existing 4 for 3 tickets off, meaning each ticket is less than £100 (before booking fee)

Got a feeling this isn't selling too well....

I was just about to post that! I am getting excited about it now, but it really doesn't feel like a line-up that will shift sufficient tickets. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

Thought you guys might be interested as a reflection of how well this is selling....Just picked up a couple of giveaway tickets for this on a free ticket reward site for blue light workers.

Haven't heard of this one before so no dog in the fight re: previous years. But agree the line-up isn't terribly inspiring! Some stuff I want to see across the weekend so well worth the trip for the grand cost of nothing at all but feel for you guys who pre-paid and got hit with those announcements! Well whiffy! 

Edited by Christophe1981
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Christophe1981 said:

Thought you guys might be interested as a reflection of how well this is selling....Just picked up a couple of giveaway tickets for this on a free ticket reward site for blue light workers.

Haven't heard of this one before so no dog in the fight re: previous years. But agree the line-up isn't terribly inspiring! Some stuff I want to see across the weekend so well worth the trip for the grand cost of nothing at all but feel for you guys who pre-paid and got hit with those announcements! Well whiffy! 

Cheers for the info. I can't say that I am surprised. To be fair I have found a few things that I am interested in too and I think it's going to be a good weekend. Nice to get out anyway. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We decided wasn't worth taking the babby out of school on the Friday and given the change of venue would have meant we wouldnt have got there until late and missed most the Friday so we got a refund. To be fair the organisers were sound. Shame, hopefully the line up will improve next year and we would definitely consider.

Have a great one!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Flaminglippy said:

We decided wasn't worth taking the babby out of school on the Friday and given the change of venue would have meant we wouldnt have got there until late and missed most the Friday so we got a refund. To be fair the organisers were sound. Shame, hopefully the line up will improve next year and we would definitely consider.

Have a great one!

Thanks mate. Have you got anything else lined up instead? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, sadimmock said:

Thanks mate. Have you got anything else lined up instead? 

Already had Bearded Theory, Camper Calling and Long Division booked. Was hoping to talk my missus into doing Beautiful Days again but she booked Rewind so gotta sit through 3 days of 80's shit!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Flaminglippy said:

Already had Bearded Theory, Camper Calling and Long Division booked. Was hoping to talk my missus into doing Beautiful Days again but she booked Rewind so gotta sit through 3 days of 80's shit!

Sounds like a good little set that. Was very tempted by Bearded Theory!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

From the website (but not yet their social media, despite having last posted to Facebook six days ago) Funny how only certain specific festivals are falling victim to "ongoing COVID ramifications", especially given this one took place last year while there were still restrictions in place.

Quote

It is with heavy heart that due to the cost of living crisis and ongoing COVID ramifications, we are making the difficult decision to postpone this years Bigfoot festival until 2023, with provisional dates of the 1st – 3rd September.
When we first launched Bigfoot back in January 2020, little did we know what the next two years would have in store. Having been postponed in 2020, we were one of the first festivals out of lockdown in summer 2021 under strict restrictions. Those that were there will hopefully agree it was a special event despite being delivered under exceptionally challenging circumstances.
We have done everything in our power to try and make Bigfoot work, but where we are today, should we go ahead, we would not just risk the festival and our business, but have a negative impact on the independent businesses and partners that we love and work with, at a time when they need more support than ever. 
This is the email that no event organiser wants to write, and we would like to unreservedly apologise for the disappointment and inconvenience this news may cause. 
All ticket holders will have received an email with further updates, please check the FAQs or contact us for more information.
We would like to thank you for your support of Bigfoot and all that we’re doing in the craft beer music space. We will be back, and we will dance together again.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, SweepingTheNation said:

From the website (but not yet their social media, despite having last posted to Facebook six days ago) Funny how only certain specific festivals are falling victim to "ongoing COVID ramifications", especially given this one took place last year while there were still restrictions in place.

 

Think the general concensus on here was that we felt this one might struggle to shift the tickets after the line up was announced. Shame though, never like to see a festival fail and last year was a really good weekend. 

Maybe in moving the date to Sept they are hoping to avoid clashing with other festivals/people's holidays? 

Hopefully it will return next year with a stronger line up...I definitely wouldn't rule out going again. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...