Bigfoot 2022

sadimmock

20 minutes ago, sadimmock said:

Sadly completely unsurprised. The line-up seemed very poor value. I usually like to support festivals but I think I’m going to ask for my money back. I’d like to see the 2023 lineup before the commit to anything 

Still Bearded Theory tickets available if the refund burns a hole in your pocket! 

2 hours ago, Flaminglippy said:

Maybe in moving the date to Sept they are hoping to avoid clashing with other festivals/people's holidays? 

If anything it'd be as bad, as it'd not only clash with End Of The Road and Manchester Psych Fest but a lot of kids go back to school that week. The best move would be to dial expectations/size back down to last year's levels but I don't know how they do that and save face.

18 hours ago, Flaminglippy said:

Still Bearded Theory tickets available if the refund burns a hole in your pocket! 

Would love to but sadly have agreed to do something with mates that weekend (attempts to convince them to go to Bearded Theory have fallen on deaf ears! Never mind. Hope that you have a great time!

• Upvote 1

Rubbish dates a week before glastonbury. No one going to glasto would be going to a camping festival less than a week before so rules it out for 150k potential customers. Also not in school holidays.

Put it end of july or any time in august and i’d have almost definitely gone, quite liked the lineup altho def not happy mondays. Its really tough to break into the festival market, feel for them as theyve tried hard here.

Not sure the move further south will have done them many favours either

Edited by Memory Man

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Neil said:

Thanks Neil. It's good that they have finally put something out publicly. If anyone is interested then ticket holders have been offered beer festival tickets, tickets for Wide Awake and an extra ticket for Bigfoot 23 if we agree to leave out money in.  

• 6 months later...
16 hours ago, sadimmock said:

In the least surprising news ever the postponed 2023 event has now been cancelled. 

https://bigfootfestival.co.uk/announcement/

Shame but as you said, not a shock. First event was great but the poor line up and late change of location for the proposed next one didnt help. The thing about only being able to take 4 beers into the campsite really pissed me off. I filled in a survey they sent round and put these points on. 

Be good if they can resurrect it at some point but longer it goes less likely it seems.