Bigfoot 2022

sadimmock

Given that the first lineup announcement is coming on Tuesday it seems that we should have a thread for 2022. I wonder who they will book? I seem to recall someone suggesting Supergrass but I have a strange feeling about Suede. I also wouldn't be surprised by a relatively big dance headliner. maybe Underworld? What do people think?

2 hours ago, sadimmock said:

Given that the first lineup announcement is coming on Tuesday it seems that we should have a thread for 2022. I wonder who they will book? I seem to recall someone suggesting Supergrass but I have a strange feeling about Suede. I also wouldn't be surprised by a relatively big dance headliner. maybe Underworld? What do people think?

Yeah, think I suggested Supergrass. Change of venue pissed us off but now thinking we probably will go but take the babby out of school on the Friday

Still think Supergrass, Suede might not be a bad shout though. Think also suggested Pixies. For the dancey act maybe Basement Jaxx dj set? 

Not sure if the capacity will be last years 4k or the 10k they were aiming for which will obviously jave a huge impact on their budget. 

1 hour ago, Paul ™ said:

10k I heard.. hoping its a good one, enjoyed working it last year 

Excellent. Gonna be very hard to call the headliners. 10k would put it around the size of Bearded Theory so would expect some reasonably big headliners and a strong undercard....roll on 9am Tuesday! 

22 hours ago, Flaminglippy said:

Yeah, think I suggested Supergrass. Change of venue pissed us off but now thinking we probably will go but take the babby out of school on the Friday

Still think Supergrass, Suede might not be a bad shout though. Think also suggested Pixies. For the dancey act maybe Basement Jaxx dj set? 

Not sure if the capacity will be last years 4k or the 10k they were aiming for which will obviously jave a huge impact on their budget. 

I think that Supergrass were your suggestion. I'd be very happy with that (or Pixies!). Glad that you are going in the end!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, sadimmock said:

I think that Supergrass were your suggestion. I'd be very happy with that (or Pixies!). Glad that you are going in the end!

Cheers! Yeah, had a bit of a hissy fit for 10 minutes then realised if I didnt go I would just spend the weekend wishing I was there anyway. Hopefully the capacity increase won't impact too much on the atmosphere. 

Been scouring bands social media to see if anybody was saying they were making an announcement tomorrow but no joy.

Noticed Chemical Brothers are doing dates round then...might be wishful thinking but they were incredible at Bluedot a few years ago (alomg with Flaming Lips and Future Islands...great line up!)

Happy Mondays, Caribou and one final headliner left to announce....... weaker than last year?

Enjoyed it very much last year but due to Glastonbury being a couple of days after this i sadly cant return. Really intrigued to see how this sells as i imagine a fair amount of people only went last year as it was one of the first festivals back.

Edited by TheFullShaboo

14 minutes ago, TheFullShaboo said:

Happy Mondays, Caribou and one final headliner left to announce....... worse than last year?

Enjoyed it very much last year but due to Glastonbury being a couple of days after this i sadly cant return. Really intrigued to see how this sells as i imagine a fair amount of people only went last year as it was one of the first festivals back.

Pretty poor headliners I have to say. Happy Mondays I have always been really disappointed by live. Don't really know Caribou so will give them a listen. Some decent stuff on the undercard though. To be honest based on that if I hadn't booked early birds it wouldn't have got me reaching for my credit card. 

Meh.

Was expecting much more given capacity is x 2.5 bigger than last year. 

Good choice of breweries. Doesnt look like a lot of food choice so hope that gets considerably added to. 

Edited by Flaminglippy

All hinges on that third headliner and if theyre good or not

they will add more

if it wasnt a week before glasto i would go, for me they have got the dates all wrong. Have it mid to late july or early august and i’d be all over it.

ultimately caribou and self esteem will be playing glasto and i’ll see them there.

4 hours ago, gregory said:

Everyone needs to know this part, 4 cans is absurd...

They tried last year and people kicked off and they backed down. Purely down to making more money. Can totally understand not being able to take booze into the arena, fine, but 4 cans is less than one for the morning and one for the night each day, ridiculous

• Upvote 1

Right...gonna stop moaning about the venue changing, the underwhelming line up announcement and the ridiculous 4 cans into the campsite and focus on the positives-.

* Only paid early bird price of about £90 a ticket which is great

* There are bands lower down the bill I definitely want to see, and based on last year, no doubt there will be loads of bands I haven't listened to that I will end up loving (like Bob Vylan and Big Joanie last year)

* Great beet choices, reasonable prices and no queues at the bar, hopefully same this year

* Really nice crowd, didn't see any dickheads

* Will be drinking beer and watching music on a Friday afternoon rather than swearing at a laptop and regretting my life choices

* Next announcement could smash it out it the park.

• Upvote 1

I have also got over my grumpiness about this. There are a couple of acts on the line-up that I am interested in and I had an absolutely great time last year. I could make a joke about recognising more of the breweries than the bands, but perhaps that says more about me. 

It will all be fine (can we please have someone interesting on the next announcement though please).

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Apparently the full lineup is coming tomorrow. I am guessing that the initial announcement didn’t shift quite as many tickets as they had hoped. I wonder who headliner 3 is? Either someone old and expensive to shift tickets (again Suoergrass or Suede) or someone young that they couldn’t confirm straightaway? 

9 hours ago, sadimmock said:

Apparently the full lineup is coming tomorrow. I am guessing that the initial announcement didn’t shift quite as many tickets as they had hoped. I wonder who headliner 3 is? Either someone old and expensive to shift tickets (again Suoergrass or Suede) or someone young that they couldn’t confirm straightaway? 

I think it will have to be a big (ish) name if they want to get the tickets shifting. Can't imagine anybody looking at the current line up and thinking 'I must buy a ticket for that!'. Supergrass/Suede/Pixies/James. Frank Turner maybe? Hoping for a bit more strength on the undercard as well...hard to see how the current line up would fill a main stage line up. As an example, really like Shame but they are 3rd on the main stage at Bearded, and Working Mens Club 2nd on the 2nd stage, and they are both now 10k capacity I believe (plus loads better headliners for Bearded). I know its not comparing like with like exactly but it should be a fair indication. Plus I am guessing Bigfoot get a shitload from the bars which is why they are trying to restrict how much booze we take (including into the campsite which is fucking nuts!) Loads of stuff that would look good on the Signature Brew stage though. 

Hopefully won't be as underwhelmed at 10am tomorrow as I was with the first announcement...was really up for this but change of venue, limiting booze you can take into the campsite and largely pisspoor first line up announcement have put me right off. 

Edited by Flaminglippy