Radio One listening party

Freddyflintstonree

1 minute ago, Jakeyboi135 said:

Who we thinking for the now almost headliners comment?

I think it might be someone not on that first poster if Dua Lipa was booked for the Other. I felt she was hinting at a sub... "almost headliner"

Edited by vintagelaureate
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Ddiamondd said:

Megan thee Stallion, O-Rod and Doja Cat potentially.

I find it difficult to believe they had O-Rod booked in 2019. 

The ‘shifting around’ suggests to me that these acts are keen to play this year, rather than holding out a year or two to potentially headline. Though maybe I’m reaching a bit there. 

5 minutes ago, gherring8 said:

Key points from Emily (on at 19:07 for anyone listening back)

• In full festival mode now - flat out
• Emerging Talent Comp details & previous winners

Song break - Stormzy live from Glasto
• Little Simz - WH headliner 🔥
• Talking about Billie being Friday

• Diana Ross still confirmed

• More lineup news soon - still working on final slots - Once concrete will give you more

• some people booked Nov19 were reserved for smaller slots but now worthy of bigger ones so having to have a switch around

Fantastic, I'm so excited about it actually happening I almost forgot I don't have a ticket 😭

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

She did also say 'almost headline level' which rules out the last two.

Tbf, she says a lot of things like that (remember the other stage being pyramid headliner size).

Phoebe and Glass Animals both headline or are very very high on the overseas lineups. 

We’ve got no real idea what sort of level Phoebe is gonna be at when she lands back over here. She’s blown up in the states but that’s because she’s been able to do pretty much uninterrupted promo over there for two years to plug the gap of not touring - playing on SNL, featuring on tracks with big stateside artists. 

She hasn’t had the luxury of doing owt over here as far as I’m aware and the album is a long while ago now. I obviously think she’s capable of a big step up but I think the first year back will just be a case of doing average slots and venues she would have been in anyway (but packing them out) and then she’ll make a splash next time around. Reckon she’s destined for the Park.