Pukkelpop 2022

DDave

10 hours ago, johnybegood said:

Rock Werchter is 100% sold out but TW Classic is not. That would explain why if they have Placebo booked they cannot announce it yet... Maybe is a stupid theory, but we will see it in a couple of weeks...

I would be absolutely stunned if they announced Placebo but that would probably swing it for me and my fiancé to attend. If they were getting anyone from RW my guess would have been Sam Fender or Inhaler who seem to be kicking around that time

• Upvote 1

On 3/28/2022 at 1:33 PM, lighthouse said:

WAH WAH: Editors – Pixies – Liam Gallagher – Wolf Alice – Whispering Sons – SONS

GIMME GIMME: Vitalic – Balthazar – Future Islands – Anna Calvi – Kings Of Convenience

YEAH YEAH: Strand Of Oaks – Thurston Moore Group – Girls Against Boys

KNOCK KNOCK: The Avalanches (dj set) – Battles – Squid – Porridge Radio – Billy Nomates – Meskerem Mees

No announcement yet, but they have scrapped the KNOCK KNOCK stage on their website. All acts are still on the line up page.

Not a good look for Belgian festivals after the Werchter Encore debacle.

Edited by VCF

Few rumours knocking round on Festileaks forum about slow ticket sales for HEAR HEAR but not sure they're based on anything concrete? Going from four to three stages is not a positive sign though...

Probably seemed a good (and safe?) idea at the time of planning to try and maximise revenue by using existing infrastructure, alongside availability of artists, to put on extra events but reality is most people now can't afford to attend more than one or two, and in some cases any, festivals over the summer.

They also can't just move the HEAR HEAR line up over to PKP as some of the bands aren't available that weekend. Hope it goes ahead but if sales are slow for PKP I doubt they'll want to risk it.

Sadly, It all seems to have been all a bit of a mess this year from the main festivals line up to the afterthought that is Hear Hear. I know its all about when bands are available but it seems to be the way to go was to make the opening day a proper full day and make the 4 days a 'Pukkelpop XL' instead of having the weeks gap between the two events.

Doesn't look good for HH. It's got just 70 followers on twitter and hardly any social media interaction on Facebook either. Still no mention of shuttle buses either. 

If it does get cancelled and some of the bands get moved to the main festival it's still a bit late in the day for people to be organising stuff, especially with the cost of living these days... I can't see it increasing ticket sales and revenue that much really. 

Edited by DDave

5 minutes ago, Emile Jol said:

HearHear timetable is online now!

Looks like Vitalic for Pukkelpop then. Bit shit assuming everyone who's bought a ticket doesn't want anything to have a dance to at the end of the night. 

All in tents now which will be better for the atmosphere. Assuming this is Marquee, Club and Lift. 

3 hours ago, DDave said:

Looks like Vitalic for Pukkelpop then. Bit shit assuming everyone who's bought a ticket doesn't want anything to have a dance to at the end of the night. 

I would say there's the Avalanches DJ set but watched a bit of their Glastonbury performance on Iplayer and it's absolutely shocking. Had to turn it off in the end as there were just loads of train wrecks.

Also looks like we'll be getting the final PKP names, and maybe the timetable too, later this week.

5 hours ago, Semprini said:

I would say there's the Avalanches DJ set but watched a bit of their Glastonbury performance on Iplayer and it's absolutely shocking. Had to turn it off in the end as there were just loads of train wrecks.

Also looks like we'll be getting the final PKP names, and maybe the timetable too, later this week.

Fantastic news re timetable! 

On 7/5/2022 at 1:46 PM, Emile Jol said:

HearHear timetable is online now!

None of the acts is playing more than 75 minutes which is a bit underwhelming to be fair (not that I was interested in a 100 min Editors headline set...).

Still a decent day. Parquet Courts ending 5 minutes before Wolf Alice is unfortunate, but overall there are no major clashes.

Edited by VCF

12 hours ago, VCF said:

Still a decent day. Parquet Courts ending 5 minutes before Wolf Alice is unfortunate, but overall there are no major clashes.

I've just decided I probably won't go because of clashes

girls against boys vs billy nomates

parquet courts vs battles 

strand of oaks vs squid

Those were the bands I really wanted to see...

So there's going to be 9 stages this year and a number of secret rooms. Don't know anymore than that but there's a short video clip on TVL.BE which shows some of the build. Maybe some of our Dutch or Belgian members can translate the headlines?

Edited by Semprini

6 minutes ago, Semprini said:

So there's going to be 9 stages this year and a number of secret rooms. Don't know anymore than that but there's a short video clip on TVL.BE which shows some of the build. Maybe some of our Dutch or Belgian members can translate the headlines?

Maybe Shelter Stage is coming back but being smaller than the prevoius one until 2016?

There is enough rock in the line up to fill 6 or 7 slots per day in a new stage.

20 minutes ago, Semprini said:

No real info: really about building the site up, how they've just started, will be with about 100 people, up to 500 in the coming weeks. How there's shortage of staff but they're seeing that people are returning to the industry. Fun fact: first building that's being set up is the beer tent for the personnel setting up the site. It's the afterwork meet up place, where they talk about the day and planning for the day after. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Semprini said:

Where's that 9th stage coming from? The stagebuilder in the TVL video is talking about 8 stages.

40 minutes ago, Dietediet said:

Where's that 9th stage coming from? The stagebuilder in the TVL video is talking about 8 stages.

I know the guy from PKP (Patrick) who's interviewed in the video and he posted on FB this morning that there's 9 stages. Could be a typo but that's what he wrote anyway.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, johnybegood said:

Limp Bizkit has cancelled all their European Tour.

I've never seen Limp Bizkit so I planned to check them out, but it's not a huge loss for me...

1 hour ago, johnybegood said:

Oscar And The Wolf aslo is cancelling all its 2022 dates due to mental health issues.

Where's that coming from? Only his June and July shows were cancelled (no mention of Pukkelpop or Lowlands) and that was announced like a month ago. I think we'd already know if Pukkelpop was also a no go.

Not many options about to replace Limp Bizkit unless they book someone who's not on tour. There's a few other festivals that need a replacement for LB and they're mostly headliner slots. 

Outside chance of the Prodigy I suppose, but they'd have to close the main probably. 

Placebo looks the most likely to me. On tour, perfect gap in their schedule. No Belgian dates etc. 

If Oscar and the Wolf did drop out they'd probably try and replace them with Oscar and the Wolf 🙂

They're hinting at 10 stages now 

• Upvote 1

I don't expect a big name to be added. They can promote as subheadliners to The Opposites (Lowlands headliners) or Dave (Reading headliner).

I thought that they had one big name from the Werchter family festivals (Placebo for example), but why didn't they announce them last week with Vitalic and Lil Uzi Vert?

No big surprise really but the Castello is confirmed as back. It's directly behind the Marquee, so in a slightly different position to last time, and open along the sides (which I think will be better).

Hopefully some news tomorrow or Weds on the final names and timetable now Dour and the first weekend of Tomorrowland are out of the way.