Pukkelpop 2022

DDave

22 hours ago, DDave said:

Soulwax look likely to not be playing. Pulled out of Cala Mijas festival's final line up. 

2manydjs are playing a b2b2b thing so looks like they've just changed what they're doing? It's 2 weeks after PKP so unless there's a wider issue with the band/live set up then this might not have any bearing.

39 minutes ago, DDave said:

Funnily enough my fiancé and I were looking at this last night as she wants to do a festival/see AM this summer. 

Thought for certain Sam Fender was nailed on to be added in the next batch of names, not completely sold on it yet but could still be tempted depending on the time table 

20 minutes ago, 49Lawson said:

Funnily enough my fiancé and I were looking at this last night as she wants to do a festival/see AM this summer. 

Thought for certain Sam Fender was nailed on to be added in the next batch of names, not completely sold on it yet but could still be tempted depending on the time table 

He's playing Rock Wercther so unlikely to be added. 

Thought they might have stepped it up a bit with a few Marquee type names but sadly not so I'm still likely out of this one, especially for 245 euros. 

On 6/17/2022 at 3:07 PM, SilverLining said:

Passport has arrived, excitement dialled up to the max. 

Soulwax to change to 2manydjs? Any exciting picks from the names added, I barely know any of them.

If you're in to freaky and exciting live jazz: Lander & Adriaan will be fun at the pre night and don't know 'm well but Echt! should be fun in that category as well. 

HEISA is a really awesome noisy band & Mooney pretty nice folky stuff

26 minutes ago, Rhak said:

If you're in to freaky and exciting live jazz: Lander & Adriaan will be fun at the pre night and don't know 'm well but Echt! should be fun in that category as well. 

HEISA is a really awesome noisy band & Mooney pretty nice folky stuff

HEISA sounds really great. Thanks for the tip.

Lot of interesenting guitar names that I am discovering, so I am 99% in after 5 years. It is posible that they will create a new smaller Shelter Stage with some not big but quality rock bands.

Edited by johnybegood

40 minutes ago, johnybegood said:

HEISA sounds really great. Thanks for the tip.

Lot of interesenting guitar names that I am discovering, so I am 99% in after 5 years. It is posible that they will create a new smaller Shelter Stage with some not big but quality rock bands.

If you're into the guitar stuff: Slow Crush is pretty nice and making a name for themselves internationally. 

I'm not going into the international stuff (obviously that saturday is going to be massive fun with shame, yard act etc)

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Newjem said:

What are the 'prices' of drinks and food? How many vouchers should two people buy for the whole weekend?

1 token equals half a pint so 6 euros a pint really. I find 60 does me for the 3 days but you can always buy more when you're there. I don't normally head up to the site till 3ish though so you may need more if you're there all day. Food is normally 3 or 4 tokens per item so 9 or 12 euros. There are loads of stalls on residents front gardens outside the entrance that serve food and beer at much cheaper prices. 

Edited by DDave
  • Thanks 1

Pukkelpop has a superb lineup this year, really diverse! The addition of Nothing but Thieves sealed it for me. Me and the missus booked flights today, this will be our first fest outside the UK. Q on booze though...zero alcohol to be brought on site Inc camping? You purely need to purchase tokens for the whole duration?

1 hour ago, F2J2 said:

Pukkelpop has a superb lineup this year, really diverse! The addition of Nothing but Thieves sealed it for me. Me and the missus booked flights today, this will be our first fest outside the UK. Q on booze though...zero alcohol to be brought on site Inc camping? You purely need to purchase tokens for the whole duration?

You can definitely take booze into the campsite. As for the booze inside, be warned there's not much in the way of spirits or cider over there. There's has been a bacardi stand in the past and a special beers tent but that's about it for non beer drinks. 

You'll have a great time. Try and set aside some time to head into Hasselt for drinks and a spot of lunch. Lovely place. 

14 hours ago, DDave said:

1 token equals half a pint so 6 euros a pint really

Just a small clarification: food & drink tokens cost 3€ each if bought online until 31 July. We don't know how much will they cost on Festival grounds but I think just a little bit more (during the last editions they used to cost 2,70€ online and 3€ at the Festival).
Then I quote all what Dave said and I also suggest you to have a cold beer in its glass at PKP Cafè, especially Grimbergen Double, which I love.
I also add that they always give you up to 6 tokens if you collect and hand plastic cups. I'm sure they'll do the same this year too.

Edited by gigi21
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, gigi21 said:

For the fans of heavy stuff, Jinjer self confirmed for Slipknot day.

As always, I'm loving the incredible quantity and variety of different names they're bringing.

Jinjer are playing another festival in Germany on Friday August 19th (Summer Breeze).

I think that Slipknot european tour poster is a bit confusing, and Jinjer and the other band are not playing the festivals as Cabaret Vert or Pukkelpop.

9 hours ago, johnybegood said:

Jinjer are playing another festival in Germany on Friday August 19th (Summer Breeze).

I think that Slipknot european tour poster is a bit confusing, and Jinjer and the other band are not playing the festivals as Cabaret Vert or Pukkelpop.

You're right! I saw Jinjer Facebook post including Slipknot tour dates and I thought they were playing all of them but they're not. Don't know why they shared Slipknot poster. 

Edited by gigi21
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, johnybegood said:

They are waiting until Rock Werchter events happpen to announce the last acts and the timetable, maybe the big name missing on Friday will play RW or Boutique or TW Classic.

Maybe Placebo? I sill remember this strange co-headline Placebo-Iron Maiden in 2010. Maybe Placebo-Slipknot 12 years after?

They announced Nothing but Thieves last week who also is playing Rock Werchter next week. If another Werchter act is coming, why are they announced seperately? Seems unlikely to me.

Fontaines DC is occupied during PKP.

Idles are playing AB after the weekend of PKP.

Sam Fender returns in August to Europe, but he is only playing 3 shows and is available during PKP, he would be great.  

Fever 333 also looks occupied. 

Maybe it will be smelly Maneskin???

13 minutes ago, Death By Sexy said:

They announced Nothing but Thieves last week who also is playing Rock Werchter next week. If another Werchter act is coming, why are they announced seperately? Seems unlikely to me.

Fontaines DC is occupied during PKP.

Idles are playing AB after the weekend of PKP.

Sam Fender returns in August to Europe, but he is only playing 3 shows and is available during PKP, he would be great.  

Fever 333 also looks occupied. 

Maybe it will be smelly Maneskin???

Rock Werchter is 100% sold out but TW Classic is not. That would explain why if they have Placebo booked they cannot announce it yet... Maybe is a stupid theory, but we will see it in a couple of weeks...

Edited by johnybegood