Pukkelpop 2022

DDave

1 hour ago, Ken19 said:

Liam and Editors are topping this event. 

I'm no Editors fan but a decent undercard might have me tempted. Presume they'll be some smaller Belgian bands, Whispering Sons etc. 

Be interesting to see how they're going to work the camping if there is any, what time it'll go on till and are there any more dancier names. 

25 to 30 names and the focus on the music comments in the interviews suggests the Main, Marquee, Club and lift? 7 bands a stage equals 28 bands. 

Edited by DDave

17 minutes ago, DDave said:

I'm no Editors fan but a decent undercard might have me tempted. Presume they'll be some smaller Belgian bands, Whispering Sons etc. 

Be interesting to see how they're going to work the camping if there is any, what time it'll go on till and are there any more dancier names. 

25 to 30 names and the focus on the music comments in the interviews suggests the Main, Marquee, Club and lift? 7 bands a stage equals 28 bands. 

I think the 25-30 bands comment was about the new "shelter", not about the day event. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, VCF said:

Yeah this is the announcement.

Love Wolf Alice and Liam does not have other Belgian dates, but it's a bit light for 95 euro.

Probably what I was expecting.

Not a bad line up. Surprised about the Pixies. 

Now if they'd have all been on the Pukkelpop line up I'd have probably bought my ticket. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Yeah I'll probably go to this one because the date is perfect (on Sunday, and the Monday is a bank holiday), there are still some nice names and I can't make it to the actual Pukkelpop, but honestly there are just too many festivals in Belgium at this point.

WAH WAH: Editors – Pixies – Liam Gallagher – Wolf Alice – Whispering Sons – SONS

GIMME GIMME: Vitalic – Balthazar – Future Islands – Anna Calvi – Kings Of Convenience

YEAH YEAH: Strand Of Oaks – Thurston Moore Group – Girls Against Boys

KNOCK KNOCK: The Avalanches (dj set) – Battles – Squid – Porridge Radio – Billy Nomates – Meskerem Mees

11 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

WAH WAH: Editors – Pixies – Liam Gallagher – Wolf Alice – Whispering Sons – SONS

GIMME GIMME: Vitalic – Balthazar – Future Islands – Anna Calvi – Kings Of Convenience

YEAH YEAH: Strand Of Oaks – Thurston Moore Group – Girls Against Boys

KNOCK KNOCK: The Avalanches (dj set) – Battles – Squid – Porridge Radio – Billy Nomates – Meskerem Mees

Main

Marquee

Club

Lift

I'm assuming. Trying to work out the clashes

No camping, no mention of shuttle buses from Hasselt

Edited by DDave

3 minutes ago, Aech said:

In the UK Liam plays to bigger audiences in one gig than these two would put together over a whole tour.

And Belgian bands who play 15000 seat arenas in Antwerp will play 200 capacity clubs in Manchester. Different strokes for different folks.

Are the Pixies really "way bigger" than Liam in Belgium though?

Of course Liam has not reached UK levels of success (and those are baffling) here, but his Forest National date sold really well and he was due to be a sub at RW2020 IIRC.

Though Pixies were almost promoted as co-head with Pearl Jam on the poster at the time, but it made no sense.

I would argue they're quite the same size.

• Upvote 1

Editors headliner is classic in Belgium. But Pixies above Liam... It doesn't make any sense to see them sub Pearl Jam and see them on the same line on RW poster. And it makes no sense to see them so big here again and to play 2 important festivals like this in Belgium. 

Pixies play Ancienne Belgique (2000p) when Liam play at Forest National (8400p available)... Liam is growing up in his solo carrer, it's fair to say it's not the same with Pixies...

EDIT: Pixies play at Forest National too in 2019... but still, it's sad that Liam doesn't play above them this time.

Edited by Archi