Pukkelpop 2022

DDave

9 minutes ago, Semprini said:

Cracking line up and that's just based on the bands/DJ's I know.

Facebook post says 'check the full line up now' so sounds like this is the lot.

I was expecting significant downsizing but im happy enough names for me to go see where i know every song and plenty to discover!

I was 100% sure Halsey will be there... and generally the pop acts don't appeal to me.
overall the poster looks pretty decent though and is refreshingly different to most summer festivals so far.
congrats to the team!

Edited by r55N
  • Upvote 1

Having looked again, it's comfortably the worst line up since 2015 for me, ignoring last years. Some decent bands there but not just not the headliners for me and the lack of proper Marquee bands is really disappointing. Pop acts aren't the greatest either as @r55N has said. May have to look elsewhere sadly.

Edited by DDave
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, VCF said:

Studio Brussel says it's 90% of the line-up btw (but PKP's facebook page promotes it as full line up).

On poster, you can see "Loading... 92%". So I guess we still miss 8% of the line-up. Including maybe one last big name for Friday because both Saturday and Sunday have 3 "big names". Stormzy?

Oops didn't see that, good catch.

Ken told us Stormzy would eventually play CORE Festival in May, but I don't know whether that rules him out for PKP or not. 
EDIT : "Maybe PKP but not as a headliner". Why not then!

Edited by VCF

Maybe what has not been announced yet are bands that are playing other belgian festivals?

There is one strage thing in the line-up. Every day we have a big rock name topping the bill (Slipknot, Limp Bizkit and BMTH) but there are not similar bands in the smaller names. What it going to do a Slipknot fan the rest of the day? It's is hard for me to understand why removing shelter stage but still booking big rock/metal bands.

I am sure that the festival will get sold out really fast, but I would like to see the line-up from the day-event (August 14th) before taking a decision. I have a feeling that the day event line up will be full of interesting bands for my musical tastes.

Edited by johnybegood

28 minutes ago, johnybegood said:

Maybe what has not been announced yet are bands that are playing other belgian festivals?

I think it'll rather be bands that still have to sell out their standalone show. There are quite a few "near-certainties" who have a Belgian club show this Spring which isn't sold out yet: Beach House, Parquet Courts, Strand of Oaks, Low, ...

1 hour ago, Death By Sexy said:

Sad to hear you don't like it. 

I'll be in Kiewit for sure. 

Glad to hear it. 

Friday 3 / Saturday 8 / Sunday 4 bands for me and some of those I'll be seeing at Primavera. Not enough to get me there at the moment. If it was Rage instead of Slipknot that would have probably done it for me but not to be. 

• Like 1