Pukkelpop 2022

DDave

11 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

Pukkelpop recieved a LOT of negative reactions last year. I think they’ll need the time to sell those tickets this year, so the earlier the better for them.

The line up sells the tickets, not the length of time they're on sale for. They need to pull out the stops to book some decent names, particularly for the older crowd who didn't have much to go for at all last year. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, gigi21 said:

Also Cabaret Vert just announced the full lineupFB_IMG_1646738099666.thumb.jpg.d15914fd5e461b5aff88d612c9e783ab.jpg

I know it's not neccesarily a PKP friendly booking in terms of crowd and the shelter getting shipped away but, SLIPKNOT please.

Really, really can't see it but I've seen them before and its truly some show. 

Also, prodigy without Keith flint would be very very strange although Maxim I always thought was the one really holding down the live.

who we toting for the 'after' headliners slot on main stage this year coming? I can see Stromae playing that slot, maybe we will get someone like major lazer, not that its my preference.

21 minutes ago, SilverLining said:

I know it's not neccesarily a PKP friendly booking in terms of crowd and the shelter getting shipped away but, SLIPKNOT please.

Also, prodigy without Keith flint would be very very strange although Maxim I always thought was the one really holding down the live.

who we toting for the 'after' headliners slot on main stage this year coming? I can see Stromae playing that slot, maybe we will get someone like major lazer, not that its my preference.

Major Lazer are ruled out Let's Get Free

At least one of the headliners has closed their night in the last few years so I'd say Stormzy will close his should he be booked which I think he will.

Netsky, Stormzy and one other would be my guesses although Calvin Harris could be a shout if he's not too expensive (free on the Saturday and Sunday). I'd have said Marshmello but given he's not got any dates in the EU around that time as of yet hopefully that rules him out. 

Disclosure are at RW but they'd be my choice if it were up to me. 

It'll be Martin fucking Solveig or CDW again, no doubt

Edited by DDave
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, SilverLining said:

Stromae already plays 2 festivals in Belgium this summer and has a lot of shows in Belgian venues.

Oscar and the Wolf is a possibility. 

35 minutes ago, SilverLining said:

I've been thinking a lot about a possible Slipknot, BMTH, Bizkit day... It's not the direction PKP took during the last years but I think it's a possibility.

37 minutes ago, SilverLining said:

prodigy without Keith flint would be very very strange

I was thinking the same. Still good but so strange.

PKP had a lot of rock on the main stage at sunday in 2019 with Prophets of Rage, Airbourne, A Day To Remember and Pennywise. It also had TOP, Billie Eilish and Anderson Paak though. 

I wouldn't rule out Slipknot. But someone said there would be an extra day at the festival site this year. Slipknot is touring with Knotfest this summer in Europe. I can see some sort of Pukkelpop x Knotfest collaboration as the extra event. 

• Upvote 3

37 minutes ago, Death By Sexy said:

PKP had a lot of rock on the main stage at sunday in 2019 with Prophets of Rage, Airbourne, A Day To Remember and Pennywise. It also had TOP, Billie Eilish and Anderson Paak though. 

I wouldn't rule out Slipknot. But someone said there would be an extra day at the festival site this year. Slipknot is touring with Knotfest this summer in Europe. I can see some sort of Pukkelpop x Knotfest collaboration as the extra event. 

The Sunday at Pukkelpop 2020 (last day of festival until now...) was insane between Main Stage and Marquee schedule:
Pennywise
Airbourne
Pvris
Billie Eilish
Ghostemane
A Day To Remember
Bullet For My Valentine
Anderson Paak
Prophets Of Rage
Twenty One Pilots 

If we could have in 2022 something like:
Wargasm
Clutch

Frank Carter
Enter Shikari
Limp Bizkit
Bring Me The Horizon
The Prodigy

Edited by Archi
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, DDave said:

Major Lazer are ruled out Let's Get Free

At least one of the headliners has closed their night in the last few years so I'd say Stormzy will close his should he be booked which I think he will.

Netsky, Stormzy and one other would be my guesses although Calvin Harris could be a shout if he's not too expensive (free on the Saturday and Sunday). I'd have said Marshmello but given he's not got any dates in the EU around that time as of yet hopefully that rules him out. 

Disclosure are at RW but they'd be my choice if it were up to me. 

It'll be Martin fucking Solveig or CDW again, no doubt

Stormzy was supposed to be announced for CORE Festival in Brussels, but he supposedly pulled out last minute. They forgot to take him out of one of the promotional posters though. I cannot really imagine him headlining a 20K festival in May and then closing Pukkelpop a few months later.

Maybe he pulled out because Pkp offered him a better stage. But I don't think he was booked for Pkp as a first choice.

• Upvote 1

Anti-Flag announced their long European Tour for this summer.

No Belgian date and a one show TBA for 20th August. 

Pukkelpop booked them in 2008 (Marquee totally packed), 2009 (Main Stage) and 2014 (Shelter Headliners). Maybe it is time for them to comeback to the festival to take the punk early slot in Main Stage (as Pennywise, Flogging Molly and NOFX did in the last 3 editions and Heideroosjes was supposed to cover in 2021)

antiflag.jpg

Edited by johnybegood
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, misterplow said:

When will we finally have a lineup for this? Feels like this festival is the only one in Europe that hasn't given any names yet. 

Krakow Live Festival, small/medium festival in Poland also did not announced yet. It's the same weekend as Pukkelpop. Maybe they share the same headliner or something.

10 hours ago, VCF said:

Could Arcade Fire be the headliner they're waiting for? Or they're more likely to tour the US first?

They're currently teasing and an announcement is coming. Rumors on Reddit saying the album is due for June.

Would be great but can't see it. Don't think they're waiting for a headliner as such as there's plenty of options, unless they're trying to book the usual American rapper again (Post Malone, Eminem,  Kendrick etc). I think Arctic Monkeys are the big indie headliner this year. 

3 hours ago, DDave said:

I think Arctic Monkeys are the big indie headliner this year.

In the end we'll get this but... I've got a feeling.
Giving all the other big festivals announcements and giving the long waiting, I expect a raise in price and a good lineup with a big surprise.
For an example (I know it's already been discussed), despite 2020, RATM still haven't announced European dates and we know their US Tour ends August 14 and they'll play Leeds August 26, so I could see their European Tour starting from Hasselt August 20 or 21.
I want to believe. 

29 minutes ago, gigi21 said:

Giving all the other big festivals announcements and giving the long waiting, I expect a raise in price and a good lineup with a big surprise.
For an example (I know it's already been discussed), despite 2020, RATM still haven't announced European dates and we know their US Tour ends August 14 and they'll play Leeds August 26, so I could see their European Tour starting from Hasselt August 20 or 21.
I want to believe. 

There's been that Sportpaleis rumor for RATM on 1st september with a Czech (I might be wrong on the country) livenation website mentioning the show, so I really don't see them at Pkp, but who knows.

Rage Against The Machine - Arctic Monkeys - Oscar & The Wolf

Little Simz - Liam Gallagher - Bastille - Halsey - Run The Jewels - King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard - Steve Aoki - Sigrid - Beach House

Enter Shikari - Jungle -  BadBadNotGood - Meatbodies - Wet Leg - Yves Tumor - Yard Act - Beadadobee - Sons - Pinkpantheress -The Comet Is Coming - Parquet Courts - Cate Le Bon - Sad Night Dynamite - The Murder Capital - Meskerem Mees - Protomartyr - Geese

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, polnico said:

There's been that Sportpaleis rumor for RATM on 1st september with a Czech (I might be wrong on the country) livenation website mentioning the show, so I really don't see them at Pkp, but who knows.

I know there has been that rumour but now all the Livenation and Ticketmaster websites (including nl.livenation.be) mention the dates in Prague and Krakow as TBC and no more the date at Sportpalais.
I know it's not likely but I see RATM as a possibility.

39 minutes ago, gigi21 said:

I want to believe. 

Don't do it to yourself lol

That said, 3 out of the 4 members played the last Pukkelpop and having a good experience goes a long way assuming they did

• Like 1

The show from RATM in Antwerp on 1st September was announced on many Live Nation websites, including Belgium. I guess they removed it because many people/medias spoke about it and they saw their mistake. This show would take place in 6 months. With a soldout coming in a minute, they can still announce it in 2-3 months. Wait and see. But I can't imagine Pukkelpop booking them because of the budget...