Pukkelpop 2022

DDave

Was sorry to wake up to the news about the recent death of Mark Lanegan.

I'm posting it on here as he was one of the many acts that Pukkelpop has exposed me to and got me into over the years.

Saw him perform at PKP three times, first as The Gutter Twins with Mark Dulli (2008), then twice as the Mark Lanegan Band (2010 and 2012, I Think). Excellent on all three occasions.

RIP Mark and thanks for the music.

Edited by Trufflehound
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, branvan said:

What does the CORE line up mean for Pukkelpop? Belgian exclusives? PK, The Blaze, Ross, Agoria, Jamie etc would all fit in @Pukkelpop. 

There is almost 3 months between Core and PKP. I think there can and will be acts performing on both festivals.

Seems Rage Against The Machine will play in Antwerp. Found this strange (new ? fake?) website saying they're coming in Belgium: https://ctrlaltmusic.com/news/rage-against-the-machine-in-belgium-in-september-2022. And it's indeed on Live Nation Belgium website! So if we have one more day or show around Pukkelpop, it's not gonna be them...

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Semprini said:

Few interesting contenders here:

May be an image of text

I know someone said Chemical Brothers ruled out but surely they must play as a low cost headliner and last appearance being in 2016, scarce crowd though I walked right to very front barrier 2 mins before they came on stage.

Wouldn't want the national back considering their double bill in 2019 but would definitely love to see Massive Attack in Marquee. Bonobo/Jon Hopkins/Caribou in Dance Hall.

Little Simz surely a nail on?

1 hour ago, SilverLining said:

I know someone said Chemical Brothers ruled out but surely they must play as a low cost headliner and last appearance being in 2016, scarce crowd though I walked right to very front barrier 2 mins before they came on stage.

Wouldn't want the national back considering their double bill in 2019 but would definitely love to see Massive Attack in Marquee. Bonobo/Jon Hopkins/Caribou in Dance Hall.

Little Simz surely a nail on?

Chemical Brothers are downgraded to another Belgian festival (Suikerrock). Editors still doesn't have a festival dat in Belgium. I expect them to be your low-cost headliner

• Like 1

On 2/8/2022 at 11:17 PM, Death By Sexy said:

Florence and the machine is also available. KoL is playing Sportpaleis in june. 

It is interesting that this year bands like Kings Of Leon with other shows in Belgium in summer are playing a few weeks after in belgian festivals. So, maybe we can get headliners or big names with other festivals or gigs announced in june/july in Belgium. So, it is posible that there will be a big crossover between Pukkelpop and Rock Werchter.

23 minutes ago, SilverLining said:

Anyone got insider info of when we can expect an announcement? my friends are starting to book onto other things and i am holding out for PKP. keep assuring them its bound to be any day now but nothing.

I think it will be Tuesday 15th March but that's just a guess. Could even be next week but they normally give some notice in advance.

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, johnybegood said:

It is interesting that this year bands like Kings Of Leon with other shows in Belgium in summer are playing a few weeks after in belgian festivals. So, maybe we can get headliners or big names with other festivals or gigs announced in june/july in Belgium. So, it is posible that there will be a big crossover between Pukkelpop and Rock Werchter.

I think bands like The Chemical Brothers and Kings Of Leon are just not able anymore to sell enough tickets to headline PKP/RW. Lokerse Feesten is a festival with only 10k capacity! In addition, this show is actually a replacement of their Sportpaleis show, which sold horribly bad. 

Your 4 main contenders to headline this still dont have a show in July/August in Belgium (AM, Dua Lipa, F+TM and Editors). Dont think there will be any crossover in headliners with RW.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, misterplow said:

When will we finally have a lineup for this? Feels like this festival is the only one in Europe that hasn't given any names yet. 

It's always one of the last to give names. Should get about half the line up next week or so, so about 80 to 100 names or so.