Pukkelpop 2022

DDave

Confirmed. Not normally as eye destroying this year. 

No Chemical Brothers this year which suggests they'll be staying in London for that weekend. Won't be getting Stromae or the Opposites so still think we'll get Dua Lipa, Editors and/or Halsey. 

LL22_Digiposter-220131.jpg

Edited by DDave
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, gigi21 said:

Some nice additions to Rock En Seine including Soulwax, Frank Carter, Aldous Harding, Nu Genea and a few others. I see almost all as very likely

Soulwax are 100%, Good for me as they're my favourite live band. Probably get a 2manydjs set in the Boiler/Dance Hall as well

Not so sure about Iggy, they've had opportunities to book him before but didn't. Fingers crossed though.

Edited by DDave
  • Upvote 2

12 hours ago, Death By Sexy said:

Can see Iggy Pop as Marquee headliner. 

This is the time of the year when you see lot of great old bands touring in August and you dream that some of them will be at pukkelpop. This year you have Kraftwerk, Iggy Pop, Suede, Pixies, Bad Religion... 

Then Lokerse Feesten starts booking them one by one. The last step is Pukkelpop first announcement that brings you back to reality and wakes you up from that dream.

• Like 1

Guys, talking about already mentioned possible headliners, Dua Lipa has 2 shows in Antwerp, 80 kms from PKP, in May... I don't know how strong is the possibility for her to come back in 3 months, but I honestly wouldn't put my bet on her.
Instead, I know they played last proper edition, but it's been 3 years ago and they're a PKP favourite: Tame Impala are on European Tour August-September with no Belgian dates. They're not playing Lowlands 'cause they have 3 solo shows in Amsterdam, but I can see them playing PKP again.
Are BMTH too big to be a Marquee headliner? They're not headlining Lowlands as well as Liam (perfect sub for Arctic Monkeys?). And what about Stromae, big enough to co-headline (maybe with Tame Impala or some younger name)?
Iggy has a lot of European dates and none in Belgium. I think he's a serious possibility (Main early evening or Marquee head).
Then I think that, between the bigger names, in addition to Lowlands and Rock en Seine ones (I can easily see The Opposites, Soulwax, Balthazar, Yungblud and James Blake quite high on the bill), we'll mostly get some pop/urban/dance artists for the younger crowd and a few surprises (The Chems???).
I'm more interested in the undercard but I think PKP will probably have these big names + a few more ones.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, gigi21 said:

Guys, talking about already mentioned possible headliners, Dua Lipa has 2 shows in Antwerp, 80 kms from PKP, in May... I don't know how strong is the possibility for her to come back in 3 months, but I honestly wouldn't put my bet on her.
Instead, I know they played last proper edition, but it's been 3 years ago and they're a PKP favourite: Tame Impala are on European Tour August-September with no Belgian dates. They're not playing Lowlands 'cause they have 3 solo shows in Amsterdam, but I can see them playing PKP again.
Are BMTH too big to be a Marquee headliner? They're not headlining Lowlands as well as Liam (perfect sub for Arctic Monkeys?). And what about Stromae, big enough to co-headline (maybe with Tame Impala or some younger name)?
Iggy has a lot of European dates and none in Belgium. I think he's a serious possibility (Main early evening or Marquee head).
Then I think that, between the bigger names, in addition to Lowlands and Rock en Seine ones (I can easily see The Opposites, Soulwax, Balthazar, Yungblud and James Blake quite high on the bill), we'll mostly get some pop/urban/dance artists for the younger crowd and a few surprises (The Chems???).
I'm more interested in the undercard but I think PKP will probably have these big names + a few more ones.

I think headliners will be between these names: Arctic Monkeys, Bastille, Kings Of Leon, Major Lazer, Oscar And The Wolf, Editors, and some hip hop as Stormzy or/and Future.

Not so promising...

2 hours ago, gigi21 said:

Final lineup for Canela Party. Really nice for 65€ and it surely includes some names from PKP undercard.FB_IMG_1644431743426.thumb.jpg.001b3ecc885e547fcffeeee31ef66857.jpg

Ty Segall and Battles I can definitely see in the club. King Giz are only free on the Sunday and have 3 gigs in 3 different countries before that. Normally I'd say it rules them out but its King Giz. They do things differently. No Belgian date on the tour either. 

8 hours ago, Death By Sexy said:

Can't people make normal posters nowadays? This, Lowlands, Best Kept Secret, Pohoda,.... damn.

They didn't even write when and where it is...

10 hours ago, DDave said:

King Giz are only free on the Sunday and have 3 gigs in 3 different countries before that.

giving that they're already playing BKS (so not likely for Lowlands), PALP in Switzerland (so not likely for Venoge) and I think any other festival to take place during that week except for PKP and Green Man (and ArcTangent but they're not their cup of tea)... That Sunday they can only play Green Man (in case we'll know in a couple of hours), PKP or have some rest. And we all know how much they need to rest 🤣