This is Tomorrow 2022

Pottsy2913

8 hours ago, Pottsy2913 said:

Any rumours/predictions floating about for this? 3rd - 5th June in Newcastle this year, returning once more

Royal Blood look pretty certain, they're in France that weekend and were originally due to play in 2020, no other Newcastle date either. No other names spring to mind right now

I’ll be stunned if this comes back any time soon, and if it does I’ll be surprised at whatever line up they’ll be able to put together. The promoters were subject to some very serious misconduct allegations which resulted in things such as Nadine Shah calling them out the day before she played, Fontaines DC donating their fee to a North-East based women’s charity and same other things.

If you have a look at what happened to Hit The North which followed a month after ran by the same promoters, I’ll be surprised if they run a show of this size again for some time

Real shame though as I went in 2019 since it’s just on the door step and I loved the idea that the North East finally had a good festival but I think it’s over now

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, 49Lawson said:

I’ll be stunned if this comes back any time soon, and if it does I’ll be surprised at whatever line up they’ll be able to put together. The promoters were subject to some very serious misconduct allegations which resulted in things such as Nadine Shah calling them out the day before she played, Fontaines DC donating their fee to a North-East based women’s charity and same other things.

If you have a look at what happened to Hit The North which followed a month after ran by the same promoters, I’ll be surprised if they run a show of this size again for some time

Real shame though as I went in 2019 since it’s just on the door step and I loved the idea that the North East finally had a good festival but I think it’s over now

Oh absolutely, saw some very nasty allegations surrounding the whole thing to be fair. Even the organisers no longer being affiliated with last years event didn’t seem entirely true

For better or worst, last years seemed to sell quite well though, although I’d say a massive part of that was down to Sam Fender more than anything. The fact they have early bird tickets on sale now hints that it’s on for now (although communication has been a shambles since the 2018 edition of that festival)