Jump to content

The Weather Thread 2022


sedra

Recommended Posts

In 1997 I got the shuttle from Castle Cary to Gate B (i think) late enough on the Thursday and was confronted with mudpeople leaving the site. "Haha" I thought. They must have slipped. Poor guys.

20 mins later when I got to the Meeting Point I realised they hadnt slipped.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You guys must be reading a different netweather thread to me... I'm reading this one

https://www.netweather.tv/forum/topic/96872-model-output-discussion-early-summer-and-beyond/page/90/#comments

It's very much like here, one or two doom mongers, one or two overly optimistic, with most pointing out that it's too early yet, and the majority of models (outside the heavenly and hellish outliers) are fairly boring and uneventful either way. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

In 1997 I got the shuttle from Castle Cary to Gate B (i think) late enough on the Thursday and was confronted with mudpeople leaving the site. "Haha" I thought. They must have slipped. Poor guys.

20 mins later when I got to the Meeting Point I realised they hadnt slipped.

My first Glastonbury, had the best weekend of my life. 

That mud was something else. It was like a war film. 

 

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2016 was fucking awful.  Worst one I've been to by a mile weather wise.  Then the tent got slashed.  Then my OH's wellies started leaking Saturday evening and she burst into tears.  Got back to the tent to find the airbed had gone down and had a leak.  Packed up about 8pm Saturday and left.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

2016 was fucking awful.  Worst one I've been to by a mile weather wise.  Then the tent got slashed.  Then my OH's wellies started leaking Saturday evening and she burst into tears.  Got back to the tent to find the airbed had gone down and had a leak.  Packed up about 8pm Saturday and left.

Glass half empty kind of guy?

  • Downvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, PabloCoke said:

My first Glastonbury, had the best weekend of my life. 

That mud was something else. It was like a war film. 

 

 

I just remember it being such hard work getting from A to B. Took ages. I think we spent most of the time sitting in beer tents.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Alvoram said:

You guys must be reading a different netweather thread to me... I'm reading this one

https://www.netweather.tv/forum/topic/96872-model-output-discussion-early-summer-and-beyond/page/90/#comments

It's very much like here, one or two doom mongers, one or two overly optimistic, with most pointing out that it's too early yet, and the majority of models (outside the heavenly and hellish outliers) are fairly boring and uneventful either way. 

I like this voice of reason! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

I just remember it being such hard work getting from A to B. Took ages. I think we spent most of the time sitting in beer tents.

I remember there being a LOT of stuck wellies and their owners coming out of them, a lot of crying girls in this position. 

I hitched down, jumped the fence with nothinh more than 60quid and a big bag of weed. Had a blast, hitched back on the the Sunday. 

Oh to be young again. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, PabloCoke said:

I remember there being a LOT of stuck wellies and their owners coming out of them, a lot of crying girls in this position. 

I hitched down, jumped the fence with nothinh more than 60quid and a big bag of weed. Had a blast, hitched back on the the Sunday. 

Oh to be young again. 

yeah, thank god didn't pay for that either.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, gherkin8r said:

Any of the weather blogs specifically for glasto running yet? JackOne?

I don't think he's doing it this year.  I had a search for Jackone's posts on Netweather and he doesn't appear to be that active these days so I'm not that optimistic he'll be doing it.

I think GavsWeatherVids will be doing updates bbuyt haven't checked tbh.

 

25 minutes ago, The Nal said:

The don't give him internet access in Broadmoor anymore after he ate one of the prison officers spleens.

that does explain his limited posting

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, leath02 said:

how an earth did it transform so much over such a short period 😂

Mud cannot survive above 21 degrees. As soon as the sun came out on Saturday afternoon it started disappearing very quickly. Was all gone by midday Sunday.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

2016 was fucking awful.  Worst one I've been to by a mile weather wise.  Then the tent got slashed.  Then my OH's wellies started leaking Saturday evening and she burst into tears.  Got back to the tent to find the airbed had gone down and had a leak.  Packed up about 8pm Saturday and left.

Wise. Aside from the hardened few, 2016 was a grim buzz. Brexit weekend in every sense.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I had a great time in 2016. In fairness I literally couldn't stay on my feet one of the nights due to my consumption of various things and how thick and treacherous the mud was. But all in all it was a good festival in my very humble opinion

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, stopwn1981 said:

The forecast has actually improved markedly for this week, so all BS. This week would have been great 😂

This is showing that until 20th, 21th we won't be able to have an idea 😄

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

July looks better, can't they delay the festival a couple of weeks?

It’s been three years, I wouldn’t be able to take it if there are any further delays!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...