The Weather Thread 2022

sedra

In North London the BBC and Met Office have a 7% and 10% chance of rain for the hour respectively and it's pissing down.

Goes to show the apps are pretty meaningless beyond broad trends with this type of showery weather. 

In other news, the thunderstorm warning area has been tweaked and Pilton is literally on the border, which I assume makes it a bit less likely that anything will turn up. 

Edited by Glasto Weatherwatch

13 minutes ago, Glasto Weatherwatch said:

In North London the BBC and Met Office have a 7% and 10% chance of rain for the hour respectively and it's pissing down.

Goes to show the apps are pretty meaningless beyond broad trends with this type of showery weather. 

In other news, the thunderstorm waring area has been tweaked and Pilton is literally on the border, which I assume makes it a bit less likely that anything will turn up. 

Exactly what I thought this am.

even when the weather is actually happening, they can’t predict it! 

GFS this morning had the worst of the showers at 3pm Friday (3/4mm) but it was so localised it's likely we won't get this anyway. Otherwise just very light stuff around Thursday and Friday then clear from Sat late morning. 

I Think if there is any mud it will be slippery trainers until it dry outs Sat. But I can't see much worse than that. 

12 hours ago, balti-pie said:

That’ll be the hardest conditions of the three shifts, I’m sure - temps are much more manageable from hereon in. How was it? Did it go quickly? I got pre-shifts on a vehicle gate so I’m already done! It’s a very decent thing to get on the Oxfam stewarding gig, the camping/early access etc is great 

We knew it would be the worst one. We did pre-festival vehicle gates last year & it was pretty chilled but boring. The shift yesterday was proper full-on but did go quickly & apart from feeling ill mid afternoon in the heat, I really enjoyed it!

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

This is where I am at:

For the rest of the festival, there will almost certainly be a shower at some point. It will probably be either light or short.  We could have one every day or just one day.

Close enough?

I think so except there is still risk of a bigger than normal shower (ie 2015 style)

3 hours ago, across97 said:

Anybody have any theories as to why ok the EE app the JP and Park the 2 secret slots are ‘TBC’ but other gaps are ‘TBA’. Interesting they’ve used 2 different phrases, is that usual? 

Don't worry, it'll be someone shit.

16 minutes ago, sickbird_uk said:

Rain has stopped after about 10 minutes. Was quite heavy but didn't last too long

I've been sat at the Glastonbury sign and there has been no rain, got a friend who is next to the pyramid who said it was raining loads.