The Weather Thread 2022

sedra

1 hour ago, steviewevie said:

Is there an officlal worst year weather wise at Glastonbury? Last one I went to was 2011...and I didn't go in 2007...so I haven't experienced some recent bad ones...but I did go in 97/98...so for me 97 was the worst with 98 a close second (but I left early for that one).

2007 stopped me going back for ten years. We were 17 and two of the group basically had a nervous breakdown at the conditions and we left mid-day Sunday.

Didn't help that we camped in Oxylers where some of the worst of the flooding was.

Edited by Isaact

2 hours ago, The Nal said:

It'll be pissing down on us when the bands are on.

Much happier to stand in mud with dry skies than getting drowned trying to enjoy the music. Which is what we have now. Well, we have both. Mud and rain.

Sunday a shocker aswell.

Worst weather in living memory. 

Heavy character, you

Been following this thread religiously for a couple days now (god knows why, I'm back at the farm after a 5 year hiatus, a little bit of rain ain't gonna spoil my fun!).

For me the million $ question is, how much rain is needed to turn the tide from trainers to wellies? Based on yr.no forecast which is the worst atm I think, we have 6.5mm of rain on Friday/Saturday. Are we expecting Saturday that the ground is churned and we swap the trainers for wellies?

1 minute ago, across97 said:

Been following this thread religiously for a couple days now (god knows why, I'm back at the farm after a 5 year hiatus, a little bit of rain ain't gonna spoil my fun!).

For me the million $ question is, how much rain is needed to turn the tide from trainers to wellies? Based on yr.no forecast which is the worst atm I think, we have 6.5mm of rain on Friday/Saturday. Are we expecting Saturday that the ground is churned and we swap the trainers for wellies?

Yep. 

And you'll need a raincoat for most of it aswell

Fucking shite.

1 minute ago, across97 said:

6.5 mm is less than 1 cm... Less than 1/3 of an inch in old money... It's not going to be wellie weather if that holds true. 

4 minutes ago, across97 said:

On the current predictions you’ll need to be in walking boots/wellies on Saturday for the rest of the festvial.

15 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

oh no you don't.

Only time I've ever wanted to leave early. 

Foul.

Left on Sunday straight after Stevie Wonder as I couldnt deal with the heat.

Was debating it in 2019, but got too smashed on the Sat nighr (as the temp became more managable). It was bloody hot for Miley Cyrus in the pit though. 

6 minutes ago, Alvoram said:

6.5 mm is less than 1 cm... Less than 1/3 of an inch in old money... It's not going to be wellie weather if that holds true. 

You’ll need to be out of trainers in that weather I think, but yeah it’s not wellie weather by any stretch.