The Weather Thread 2022

sedra

26 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

To celebrate May day madness here is the first and true weather report from the ground in Pilton at 12.58 today. it was 15.5 degrees with 87% humidity . The RAM jam jar has insufficient moisture to measure, maybe 2mm at most. Slight breeze but not enough to make Miss Pat, the weather vane moooove.

20220501_124817.jpg

Love it! The most accurate forecast on the planet 🌞

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, deebeedoobee said:

To celebrate May day madness here is the first and true weather report from the ground in Pilton at 12.58 today. it was 15.5 degrees with 87% humidity . The RAM jam jar has insufficient moisture to measure, maybe 2mm at most. Slight breeze but not enough to make Miss Pat, the weather vane moooove.

20220501_124817.jpg

Now this is what we have been waiting for😀👍 Look forward to regular updates and let’s hope the ram jam jar stays as empty as the well! 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Lovely, the go to forecast for the next two months. I trust you indulged in the traditional washing your face in the morning dew on the morning of May 1st. It’s all part of the folklore but I’d be careful if the Eavis cows are still on the fields 

Damn that webcam

13 minutes ago, sedra said:

Now this is what we have been waiting for😀👍 Look forward to regular updates and let’s hope the ram jam jar stays as empty as the well! 

There is currently a tree growing out of the well! I must get down there and remove it before it becomes any great size.

6 hours ago, deebeedoobee said:

20220501_124817.jpg

Fantastic!  Looking forward to regular updates.  Thank you for helping build our excitement!

23 hours ago, sedra said:

This year I have even more invested in a dry( but not too hot) year as have become a bit incapacitated by osteoarthritis in my hip so not sure I could manage a muddy one. Have even splashed out ( no pun intended) on a Bellepad in Sticklinch so I don’t have to trudge through the fields to pitch the tent or up a hill! 
even an overcast or slightly damp one would work but full on 2007 and I shall be tent bound 😐

Relax, it won't be a badly muddy one this year as the ground needs to be waterlogged for that. We've hsd little rain so the ground is firm. I tested it last night when I was on the farm. 

4 hours ago, Spindles said:

The only rain I'll tolerate is 2017 style.  A light mist overnight, overcast mornings with a light drizzle and the clouds all burn off by drinking time.

If they could replicate 2017 weather every year that would be perfect! 

8 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Maybe turn down the thermostat a touch on the Wednesday though. Queuing and putting up tents in 32 degree heat isn’t much fun. 

An acceptable sacrifice for a week of no rain I’d say!

14 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Maybe turn down the thermostat a touch on the Wednesday though. Queuing and putting up tents in 32 degree heat isn’t much fun. 

We didn’t arrive until Thursday that year, it was very apparent those who had been there since gates.

A lot of very sunburnt people!! 

18 hours ago, deebeedoobee said:

20220501_124817.jpg

[Attenborough voice] As roving weather reporter Dee emerges from her Pilton hidey hole with her sticky stick, true Glasto heads know the countdown to the festival has truly begun. 
image.gif.f766ab8880b0504fdd59e6eb40bf4cde.gif

• Like 1

1 hour ago, squirrelarmy said:

Yes for absolute perfection maybe 5 degrees cooler on the Wednesday but if someone told you that you could have that weather all over again now or wait and see what you get I would take it. It was as close to perfect as it’s ever been. 

32 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Would also take 2015 weather, yes there was quite a big downpour around 4-6PM (ish) Friday, but it dried up very quickly afterwards and only really threatened to rain for the rest of the weekend. 

2014 was near perfect as well, I think? 

2 hours ago, tumbles said:

It did rain on Friday and Saturday for a bit and there was muddy conditions- I know cos I was still recovering from a broken ankle and had to be extra careful and slipped over a few times. It wasn’t too bad though. 

4 hours ago, tumbles said:

Ah the year my ticket disintegrated during the biblical downpour on the Friday, cos my expensive waterproof jacket wasn’t very waterproof. Ticket wouldn’t have mattered but as was in campervan needed it daily, ended up being double banded which was actually better than worrying about the ticket all weekend. Also the year I stopped wasting worrying about waterproof jackets and realised that cheap ponchos were as good