The Weather Thread 2022

sedra

actually is it not the edge or whatever you call it between a high and low that is where you often get the rain? So right in the middle of the low might actually be dry, just cold and maybe cloudy?...problem is these lows are often smaller than highs...so isobars closer together, more windy, more unstable. Or maybe I don't know what I'm on about.

4 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Yeah, game over.

Saturday 25th June is tomorrow so there's definitely no chance of it changing.

I reaaaally wish I was like my wife who has the 'what will be will be' attitude and has no interest in thread's like these.

Unfortunately, I am a slave to this and must therefore put up with the nonsense spouted within it. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Billy Corgan's Ego said:

I reaaaally wish I was like my wife who has the 'what will be will be' attitude and has no interest in thread's like these.

Unfortunately, I am a slave to this and must therefore put up with the nonsense spouted within it. 

yeah, same here. She keeps saying no point looking till Tuesday, and even then you're not going to know what it will be like by the weekend. She just doesn't understand.

35 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

the operational is spiking on 25th/26th on that one...that's saturday/sunday....?

The line for the 25th is actually midnight Friday, so on the operational run the rain starts Friday night and runs through the early hours of Saturday.

3 minutes ago, tazbang said:

The line for the 25th is actually midnight Friday, so on the operational run the rain starts Friday night and runs through the early hours of Saturday.

ok yeah...and looking at latest GFS maybe that makes sense...it actually has rain starting friday afternoon and getting heavier over night.

Just remember, a few days ago over 20mm of rain looked nailed on for saturday and that's all but disappeared.

All that's needed is a little bit of high pressure to push the worst of the lows (and the accompanying rain and cold)  away and we're back to dry weather with reasonable temps.

Still all to play for etc

It's when people started being picky about how hot they wanted it everything went tits up.

I'll settle for a level of heat nothing short of them having to get the fire brigade in to hose people down and opening the JP tent early just so there's some extra shade.

2 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

It's when people started being picky about how hot they wanted it everything went tits up.

Nah, it's the people who started claiming we were locked in for nice weather last night. They are the real culprits. Within hours the weather gods had their revenge.

• Like 3