The Weather Thread 2022

sedra

6 hours ago, Major_Tom108 said:

Trainers destroyed my feet so don't think there's any compromise. I surmise the natural terrain plus endless walking is going to hurt no matter what.

Hiking trainers or fashion trainers? I was on the former with Vibram soles and although my feet were / are still throbbing, on the whole would still recommend as the best option even in a dry year.

17 hours ago, balti-pie said:

You must be made of steel/be wearing a beer jacket, I was bloody freezing at sundown each night and had to have hoodies/coats on 

Perfect weather! Discovered that my unused new rain poncho is very effective at providing an extra layer of insulation late at night 

3 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Hiking trainers or fashion trainers? I was on the former with Vibram soles and although my feet were / are still throbbing, on the whole would still recommend as the best option even in a dry year.

I had walking shoes for most of the festival and my feet still killed but they were probably the best option. We got so lucky with the weather given what we had for our journey home on Monday. Had some of the rains in the area hit more on the weekend it could have been a lot more miserable as it definitely wasn’t the warmest when the sun appeared behind the clouds! 

4 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I wore two different pairs of adidas superstars with memory foam Insoles plus DM sliders on the Thursday (yes really). Walking boots stayed in the bag. 100,000 steps, 43 miles, no blisters, no aching 🤷‍♀️ (and I say this as someone with neurofibromas in my ankle). The ground was super stony in parts with huge chunks of “chipping” but zero mud. 

10 minutes ago, Wherethewildthingsare said:

I wore two different pairs of adidas superstars with memory foam Insoles plus DM sliders on the Thursday (yes really). Walking boots stayed in the bag. 100,000 steps, 43 miles, no blisters, no aching 🤷‍♀️ (and I say this as someone with neurofibromas in my ankle). The ground was super stony in parts with huge chunks of “chipping” but zero mud. 

Adidas Superstars have always been my festival choice of footwear, very comfy tough trainers. Just make sure they're well worn in beforehand.

9 hours ago, Matt42 said:

I need to bring trainers next year. Walking boots all weekend destroyed my feet.

I wore converse from Thursday until bed on Saturday night and they wrecked my feet. Could be something to do with the amount of walking I did but I can’t imagine they would’ve felt as bad had I stuck to my walking boots.

56 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

That’s what we had all weekend, Merrell walking shoes with vibram soles. Perfect conditions for this choice especially walking  the stoney paths and bits of bark/wood. (and that long and winding new path up to worthy view.). Wellies and boots not required so they stayed in the tent

I'm glad that my sacrifice to the weather gods didn't go unnoticed - £40 well(y) spent.

Spent all weekend in walking boots, slipped into converse on Sunday just cause I could and was fed up of lugging heavy walking boot feet around. (Got a blister by the afternoon, and back to the boots.)

I was bloody freezing after the sun went down though. Thankfully brought an extra blanket to go on/in my sleeping bag which did the trick.

10 hours ago, Matt42 said:

I need to bring trainers next year. Walking boots all weekend destroyed my feet.

I wore trainers for one day and my feet really suffered.  so many blisters that I have never got with my walking boots

1 hour ago, Wherethewildthingsare said:

55 minutes ago, Cooter said:

Adidas Superstars have always been my festival choice of footwear, very comfy tough trainers. Just make sure they're well worn in beforehand.

35 minutes ago, Dave_c said:

I worse Adidas originals all weekend and my feet were fine and I did a lot of walking. My shoulders were sore though from carrying a rucksack full of cider all weekend!

I wore my trusty Stan Smiths all weekend, as I have done for the last 3 festivals.

140k steps over 3 and a half days and my feet were absolutely fine all weekend.

#teamadidas

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Cooter said:

Glad I’m not the only one! My little toes are quite straight and find superstars don’t squash them up. I have been walking a lot in them. Next time I will also train with a rucksack full of bottles and cans!

5 hours ago, Dave_c said:

I worse Adidas originals all weekend and my feet were fine and I did a lot of walking. My shoulders were sore though from carrying a rucksack full of cider all weekend!

Just said exactly the same thing - next time the training will include a rucksack full of drinks! 

On 6/27/2022 at 12:26 AM, FuzzyDunlop said:

No one can honestly tell me Wednesday was a better temp than the rest of the festival. That was horrendous.

I havent had anything other than a T Shirt all week either.

How did you get on in general Fuzz? I did spare a thought for you on Wednesday!

I have to give @FuzzyDunlop the credit he deserves. As a first timer he was right, Wednesday was way too hot. It's not nice having to stay extremely vigilant about drinking a pint of water between each beer, nor is it easy to get 'merry' like that. By the end of the day I was dripping wet with sweat and very grateful that Sticklinch had nice showers!

The rest of the days were perfect though. Sunday was warm, but just cool enough and not too warm. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Quark said:

How did you get on in general Fuzz? I did spare a thought for you on Wednesday!

I got on fine really, thanks... Wednesday was tough. Very tough. I don't think I could have coped with 5 days of that. I had a UV brolly & was under it all day. I hardly moved until about 6pm. I dont think I'd have seen much if the weather stayed like that.

The rest of the time I was fine. I didnt wear a coat or a Hoodie all weekend (barring 1 trip to a Urinal at about 5.30am)

Hope you had a good one!

Just now, Alvoram said:

I have to give @FuzzyDunlop the credit he deserves. As a first timer he was right, Wednesday was way too hot. It's not nice having to stay extremely vigilant about drinking a pint of water between each beer, nor is it easy to get 'merry' like that. By the end of the day I was dripping wet with sweat and very grateful that Sticklinch had nice showers!

The rest of the days were perfect though. Sunday was warm, but just cool enough and not too warm. 

See!! I don't talk complete crap!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

I got on fine really, thanks... Wednesday was tough. Very tough. I don't think I could have coped with 5 days of that. I had a UV brolly & was under it all day. I hardly moved until about 6pm. I dont think I'd have seen much if the weather stayed like that.

The rest of the time I was fine. I didnt wear a coat or a Hoodie all weekend (barring 1 trip to a Urinal at about 5.30am)

Hope you had a good one!

Result! Yeah, Wed was bringing back memories of 2019! One of my mates had to have a lie down after we got the tents up, just hadn't been on the water at all and it all caught up with him. Got him upright in the end though 😄

Had a great one, personally the weather was about as good as it gets. Warm enough that I only needed a hoody after about 1am, dry enough to sit on the grass, bit of cloud cover, and the breeze was a godsend. For the rain that there was I didn't ever need to break out my waterproof. Spot on.