The Weather Thread 2022

sedra

10 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

No one can honestly tell me Wednesday was a better temp than the rest of the festival. That was horrendous.

I havent had anything other than a T Shirt all week either.

Only got in on Thursday and have to admit after all that that was borderline too hot!

pretty much perfection otherwise though, trainers is just glorious. Was freezing cold some nights but can just do a jumper and a dance.

It was pretty much perfect (slightly too hot on the first day but who cares).

The thing is it could easily have been very different.  There was a LOT of heavy rain within 30 miles on the Friday, which if we'd been unlucky could easily have caused a mudbath like it did in 2011 (when heavy rain was forecast for South Wales and not us, but ended up hitting us just as badly).  With the relatively low temperatures over the weekend it may not have dried up.

This time all the heavy stuff just missed us - the force field and sacrifices to the welly gods worked brilliantly.

14 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

No one can honestly tell me Wednesday was a better temp than the rest of the festival. That was horrendous.

I havent had anything other than a T Shirt all week either.

You must be made of steel/be wearing a beer jacket, I was bloody freezing at sundown each night and had to have hoodies/coats on 

Echo that we got very lucky. Wednesday a tad hot but fine, nothing like setting up in dry weather. Only a few spots of rain thebwhole 5 days, what more could you ask for. Perhaps a tad windy and that blew up the dust, but hey was  bloody good and I'll take that any year.

Absolutely perfect weather, even that rain on the Friday arvo just provided the perfect atmosphere for Idles and cleared up immediately after. 

Also we were double lucky because we got back to the car this morning to discover we’d left the sunroof open all weekend!🤦🏻‍♀️

For 2023 though… what are the chances of four dry Glastonburys in a row? 🤪

Sunday weather was perfect.

Lovely amount of sunshine, with a cool breeze and the occasional cloud to stop it being too hot.

And then the wind dropped for the evening, making it quite pleasant after pulling a jumper on. A bit warmer overnight too.

I was keeping an eye on the weather radar I've got on my phone and we got very lucky at times! The forcefield sent the rain either side of the site and mostly through Bristol and south Wales!

But yep, we got there and while we were on a KNIFE. EDGE. it turned out pretty fantastic and felt really warm when the sun was out. Could have done without the cold late nights though!

Shall we do this all again next year?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

I need to bring trainers next year. Walking boots all weekend destroyed my feet.

Why would walking boots destroy your feet? If anything they'd offer more protection against the rock hard ground and the stupid rubble/wood put down this year.