The Weather Thread 2022

sedra

12z update (puts @briddjmask on)....

Thursday:

Late pm showers showing up in this run. Given we know they're going to be very localised, have to cross fingers. Pretty warm, 25 degrees or so.

Friday:

Same as last run, possibly slightly better. Light showers around, good chance of no rainfall during daytime, patches are skirting the site. Clears into evening for headliners. 19/20 degrees, so bit cooler. Dry overnight. 

Saturday:

Light rain nearby but dry for the day and overnight. Cooler again, 17/18 degrees. Yellow Hey Jude warning in place from 11pm - 2am.

Sunday:

Dry as a bone. 18 degrees or so. 

Monday:

Post-Glastonbury existential dread.

That's the 12z!

image.thumb.jpeg.93138bfdf755aba7030c42c6d638f6c9.jpeg

Edited by Glasto Weatherwatch
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Glasto Weatherwatch said:

Thursday:

Late pm showers showing up in this run. Given we know they're going to be very localised, have to cross fingers. Pretty warm, 25 degrees or so.

Friday:

Same as last run, possibly slightly better. Light showers around, good chance of no rainfall during daytime, patches are skirting the site. Clears into evening for headliners. 19/20 degrees, so bit cooler. Dry overnight. 

Saturday:

Light rain nearby but dry for the day and overnight. Cooler again, 17/18 degrees. Yellow Hey Jude warning in place from 11pm - 2am.

Sunday:

Monday:

That's the 12z!

Out of upvotes but you've made me laugh out loud. Have a great festival everyone 😀 

Monday

Dry for departure

Overall

Only potential issue is catching a nasty thunderstorm on Thursday evening. Apart from that, there may be some showers on Friday but probably nothing to cause any alarm or warrant ditching the trainers. Drier into Saturday and Sunday.

Getting cooler over the festival, but 18c in the sunshine should still be very pleasant. Overnights could be chilly over the weekend, bring warm clothing!

1 hour ago, Glasto Weatherwatch said:

Thursday:

Friday:

Saturday:

Sunday:

Monday:

That's the 12z!

image.thumb.jpeg.93138bfdf755aba7030c42c6d638f6c9.jpeg

Remember in 2004 when this man (Paul McCartney not glastoweather watch)claimed he'd hired a special cloud busting plane to stop the rain- I think I believed him at the time 😂

Edited by Mr.Tease

Will the same people complaining about it being too hot be complaining when it's pissing it down over the next few days? 

You are at Glastonbury!!! Think yourself lucky. There are thousands who wish they were there. I do. Haven't been since 2011 having only missed 3 others from 1994 onwards. Just enjoy the moment!!! 

15 minutes ago, HastingsBoy said:

Will the same people complaining about it being too hot be complaining when it's pissing it down over the next few days? 

You are at Glastonbury!!! Think yourself lucky. There are thousands who wish they were there. I do. Haven't been since 2011 having only missed 3 others from 1994 onwards. Just enjoy the moment!!! 

Here here. Give your ticket to someone who can handle a mildly warmer temperate climate. And get off your phones!! 😅🤣

Edited by danbailey80

Time to let it go pop pickers, gates have been open for over 12 hours, the world's greatest party has now begun. Enjoy every moment, it'll be over too soon. I'll be iplayer glastobating over the weekend, currently sat in a field in Dorset camping, but plan to revisit the farm next year if the ticket gods are kind. Peace and cider all x x20220622_204353.thumb.jpg.800916066083c578167133fb7da9109a.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

Just done 2-10 as an Oxfam steward on the Pylle Road crossing to Ped gate B.

It was very hot! By about 4-5 pm I wasn’t sure I was going to make it! … but I’m back at Oxfield having a glass of wine now. One shift down, 2 to go, hoping it won’t chuck it down right to through my night shift on Saturday!

That’ll be the hardest conditions of the three shifts, I’m sure - temps are much more manageable from hereon in. How was it? Did it go quickly? I got pre-shifts on a vehicle gate so I’m already done! It’s a very decent thing to get on the Oxfam stewarding gig, the camping/early access etc is great 

1891682137_Screenshot_20220623-064952_MetOffice.thumb.jpg.883e16bc47ceb872c9066674417d2416.jpgMet office (above) and BBC weather don't agree. Met office are stating big showers Friday night at 80% but likelihood of daytime showers Friday to Sunday between 10 and 40%.

BBC are stating the only rain we will have is showers this afternoon and evening (Thursday) and some daytime showers Saturday. 

Whatever happens, can't wait to get there today! 

427985767_Screenshot_20220623-065929_BBCWeather.thumb.jpg.3275c87754709dc79810dee72061ed37.jpg

• Like 1

Overnight update for us sorry few still sat waiting round the virtual campfire before we can head to the farm. TLDR - news remains (relatively) good. 

Thursday:

BBC now think shower risk is later today (post 10pm). Met Office having none of it (though yellow risk of thunder remain in force). GFS 00z had some panting-shittingly heavy rain about 50 miles west of site. ECMWF says very light rain if any (improvement). 

Just for balance though - in London at the moment all the forecasts say dry. But it's just started raining and Dark Skies reckons rain for the hour as showers bubble up. 

Friday:

BBC dry, Met Office 50% chance of light rain middle of day. GFS reckons showers still. Rainfall totals negligible. ECMWF says very light rain if any (improvement). 

Saturday:

BBC small chance of showers midday, otherwise dry. Met Office think passing light showers. GFS dry. Rainfall totals negligible, although Met Office keep placing heavy showers into random locations around West Country, so they think some isolated risk still.

Sunday:

BBC good time sunshine. Met Office same with low risk of showers. GFS dry.

Macca rating - cautious thumbs up.

sir-paul-mccartney-to-become-glastonburys-oldest-ever-solo-headliner-1655704965033.jpg

• Upvote 2