The Weather Thread 2022

sedra

Apple will be doing what the Beeb were doing earlier - there's a small window of rain on a certain day and they report that as the overall weather for the day. If you could get the detail on their app it would probably line up with others.

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

BBC has deteriorated for Thursday 

They're still predicting the same % chance of rainfall though, they've just changed the image 😂 It's still saying the same thing, they're just toying with us.

2 hours ago, across97 said:

I'm still toying with the thought of buying/wearing wellies, and I am now feeling the high pressure of not deciding. I hate wellies (and walking boots), but muddy soggy trainers are probably just as bad.

Is it wise to be a chancer and just take trainers, or am I being stupid?

Wellies are shite, good boots are a god send 

1 minute ago, PolygonWindow said:

Gonna sound stupid - at this point does that basically translate to throughout x time period there could be a shower, or throughout x time period it’s virtually not gonna stop raining? 24% is quite likely right?

No. 76% more likely not to rain! #rollwiththepositives

Edited by briddj

12 minutes ago, briddj said:

Makes absolutely no sense!

image.png.f78ece9c87c99ba8d2014a3a2d2867f6.png

Years of reading forecasts for the cricket tells me when you see this it basically means there'll be some light rain/showers, they just aren't sure when. So hedge their bets. Say it rains at 2pm that day, they'll then update and say its clear for the rest of the day.

We'll be grand 

This has been an amazing journey to read guys, the plot twists have been on point.

But unless you get bogged (pun intended) down in the details, essentially we're gonna be fine aren't we.

Hard to beat a perfect burger but a pizza is always edible.

Glastonbury is the pizza x

Edited by Sam92599259