The Weather Thread 2022

sedra

10 minutes ago, kevbizarre said:

Did a few hours work. 
What’s the consensus? The BBC update is good to go? Others following the improving trend?

Low pressure is definitely not going anywhere. 

But as we get closer, consensus seems to be forming that the front is quite weak. So as we were generally - on and off showers, one band of more persistent rain - but MeteoGroup are an outlier in thinking this means virtually zero rain. But that's reason to be cheerful!

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, nban2010 said:

The forcast is the best perhaps of the ones I went to: 14 and 15 and the shitshow that was 16.

BBC STICK! Are they using ECMWF by any chance?

Meteogroup, they use ECMWF and Met Office. But have somehow put them in a blender and come up with something super positive. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Chrisp1986 said:

Really?

Well, I just go by the BBC forecast as it's usually the best imo and that looks ideal. Hot and sunny Wednesday and Thursday to kick off the festival and keep the ground hard, then dry on Friday and a mixture of sunny spells and possible short light showers on the weekend which will be a welcome relief after the heat. No way is it looking like a bad year in any way. And wellies not needed which is always a plus

11 minutes ago, Glasto Weatherwatch said:

Low pressure is definitely not going anywhere. 

But as we get closer, consensus seems to be forming that the front is quite weak. So as we were generally - on and off showers, one band of more persistent rain - but MeteoGroup are an outlier in thinking this means virtually zero rain. But that's reason to be cheerful!

Sounds 2017-esque.

26 minutes ago, downtherabbithole said:

Well, I just go by the BBC forecast as it's usually the best imo and that looks ideal. Hot and sunny Wednesday and Thursday to kick off the festival and keep the ground hard, then dry on Friday and a mixture of sunny spells and possible short light showers on the weekend which will be a welcome relief after the heat. No way is it looking like a bad year in any way. And wellies not needed which is always a plus

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47s4gvd2kf7hay34rc5h

29 minutes ago, MrBarry465 said:

I don't remember any rain in 2017, maybe 10 mins at most.

Me neither but it could have rained. Just had to check who was on to try and bring back some memories of the weather but all I can remember is being at the front for Foo Fighters and The National and a glorious Sunday watching Biffy Clyro.

Edited by The Other Steve

48 minutes ago, MrBarry465 said:

I don't remember any rain in 2017, maybe 10 mins at most.

There was about 10 minutes of a very light shower on the Saturday about midday. Was at Amber Arcades at The Park and began putting on wet gear only to remove it immediately