The Weather Thread 2022

sedra

1 minute ago, sunnyshoes said:

Is anyone else in denial? In my head it's going to be 2019 all the way. It doesn't rain at Glastonbury. (I know it does - I was there in 2005). I'm currently like 🙉🙉

It’s probably going to rain, that much is sure, however don’t believe the doomsayers who say it’s going to be carnage because in all likelihood it’s not

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, MrBarry465 said:

2015 was dry the week leading up and for most of the festival aside from either the Friday or Saturday where it rained heavily for a few hours and the site went muddy quickly.

I think it was the Friday. Sacked off Florence and found an indie disco in Glasto Latino. Clearly recollect dancing in very heavy muddy boots. 

10 minutes ago, HyperTechnoHorse said:

Unironically I do think the weather is going to be pretty nasty past Thursday and I advise everyone to pack for the worst case scenario. There's a lot of dangerous cope going on in this thread and it risks people believing it's just going to be a shower or two - it's not, it's going to be pretty constant and potentially torrential at times.

🥱

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, filmguy said:

It’s probably going to rain, that much is sure, however don’t believe the doomsayers who say it’s going to be carnage because in all likelihood it’s not

I'm choosing to look at the positives today.

Though it is likely we will get some rain between friday and sunday, it looks closer to scattered showers than a deluge.

The ground is as dry as it could be so can take a fair bit of rain before it gets soaked.

The temps on friday are high enough to make any showers inconsequential.

and most importantly, we will be in Glastonbury.  

Let us approach page 300 with optimism please.

Done, @tjfish

Edited by BambooShanks
  • Upvote 1

Even if it does rain, the fact it’s a bit windy will mean it should dry quicker. Current models have Thursday possibly reaching 30 degrees so the odd shower might be welcome. The ground is fully dry so it will recover quickly. 

6 minutes ago, filmguy said:

Even if it does rain, the fact it’s a bit windy will mean it should dry quicker. Current models have Thursday possibly reaching 30 degrees so the odd shower might be welcome. The ground is fully dry so it will recover quickly. 

Tbh the temps on Sat and Sun won't really help the wind with drying. Temps are most important for that. Will be a slower process.

Edited by briddj

We're not going this year out of choice, but have loved the build up and excitement all the same. Weather wise, some showers on and off from Thurs PM I reckon, but nothing biblical. Remember, skin's waterproof, enjoy 😎🍻

Just now, oneeye said:

We're not going this year out of choice, but have loved the build up and excitement all the same. Weather wise, some showers on and off from Thurs PM I reckon, but nothing biblical. Remember, skin's waterproof, enjoy 😎🍻

Imagine if it wasn't!

"I don't want to go this year if that low persists. Last time my chest dissolved and my heart fell out."

Sun, rain, thunder, lightening, rivers of mud, swarms of locust. Whatever. We're so fuckng blessed to be the lucky few and I'll be partying like its 1999 and I'm Prince and it's my birthday. 

So pull your big boy pants up, crack a can and make the most of whatever mother nature throws at us.

Peace out. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, TheGChild said:

Sun, rain, thunder, lightening, rivers of mud, swarms of locust. Whatever. We're so fuckng blessed to be the lucky few and I'll be partying like its 1999 and I'm Prince and it's my birthday. 

So pull your big boy pants up, crack a can and make the most of whatever mother nature throws at us.

Peace out. 

I'm with you there! Can't fucking wait, this time tomorrow I should be on site and cracking open my first of many ciders.