The Weather Thread 2022

sedra

1 hour ago, Suprefan said:

Nothing, rain drop emojis seem to easily scare at the moment.

I mean none of you want this all weekend, right. 

0F0A2B4F-CC98-491F-B3CE-F168AA904C6E.jpeg

Imagine trying to sleep in a tent when the lowest the temperature is going to drop all night is as high as the temperature was on Friday!!! F*** that for a game of soldiers.... 

12 minutes ago, PolygonWindow said:

It’s showers mate! You’ll probs be able to still sit down on grass on Sunday no?

Been here before. All that low pressure the best we can hope for is showers. I’m betting on some prolonged periods of rain and with temps not high enough to dry out and cool nights…

hope I’m completely and utterly wrong

Temperature wise it looks ideal to me - will be more than pleasant in the sun and maybe a light jumper in the evenings. A scorcher is a horrendous affair, as bad as a wash out in my opinion as the heat soon wears you down and your tent is like an oven the minute the sun comes up. 

Rain wise, looks like a mixed bag from Friday onwards - hard to predict with showers but the wellies will definitely be in the car in case we get unlucky and end up with a sustained period of rain.

17 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Any update on the GFS 00Hz?

I think it shows the low not getting to Pilton until Saturday late evening so I think I've read it as a move in the right direction.

Temps 19/20 Fri and sat. 18 sun. 

Showers about but most rain often missing us however there is a lot of heavy rain lurking near that could get us with just a little change (currently hitting south east UK) on Sat. Monday looking dry

Tbh I'd wait for clarity! 

Edited by danbailey80