The Weather Thread 2022

sedra

SUNDAY

Highs of 17 due to the position of the low (read on). But like other runs, the site isn't really in the area of rain, which hits to the east and in the midlands.

image.thumb.png.9b6278fd1e8cd08186d6720be7393ec1.png

In fact, Glastonbury remains just outside, or on the very edge, of the rain area through the day. 6pm

image.thumb.png.97e1efdf1fb22f6d983eebd5ade5e704.png

9pm, then clear through the night.

image.thumb.png.a169aa1441aa729dd792fd15ae22231f.png

The low does edge over on Sunday on the 3pm chart, but it's only just touching the UK.

But a crucial difference here is the isobars are not as close together, which means the winds won't be as strong. Another positive shift!

image.thumb.png.18015e81fe87d8e75fa61450819bd8c5.png

As you can see from the 9pm chart it's retreating.

image.thumb.png.fc1937517ee0a5eeb162b3d2355d1a65.png

MONDAY MORNING

Light showers.

image.thumb.png.2bf76406bb092fe519714e19cc56aaf8.png

SUMMARY

A much more positive run, with higher temperatures on the Saturday and the low sitting out to the west that day.

There is rain around, but the Pilton area seems to be escaping the worst of it.

So, we've seen there's still time for the low to move.

Can we get the 18Z Saturday update with the 12Z Sunday update in one chart and keep the low off the site? KNIFE. EDGE.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Just now, briddj said:

SUNDAY

Highs of 17 due to the position of the low (read on). But like other runs, the site isn't really in the area of rain, which hits to the east and in the midlands.

image.thumb.png.9b6278fd1e8cd08186d6720be7393ec1.png

In fact, Glastonbury remains just outside, or on the very edge, of the rain area through the day. 6pm

image.thumb.png.97e1efdf1fb22f6d983eebd5ade5e704.png

9pm, then clear through the night.

image.thumb.png.a169aa1441aa729dd792fd15ae22231f.png

The low does edge over on Sunday on the 3pm chart, but it's only just touching the UK.

But a crucial difference here is the isobars are not as close together, which means the winds won't be as strong. Another positive shift!

image.thumb.png.18015e81fe87d8e75fa61450819bd8c5.png

As you can see from the 9pm chart it's retreating.

image.thumb.png.fc1937517ee0a5eeb162b3d2355d1a65.png

MONDAY MORNING

Light showers.

image.thumb.png.2bf76406bb092fe519714e19cc56aaf8.png

SUMMARY

A much more positive run, with higher temperatures on the Saturday and the low sitting out to the west that day.

There is rain around, but the Pilton area seems to be escaping the worst of it.

So, we've seen there's still time for the low to move.

Can we get the 18Z Saturday update with the 12Z Sunday update in one chart and keep the low off the site? KNIFE. EDGE.

You're in line for a bear hug son. Keep it up. 

Thank you for your service x

• Like 1

Argh, it's all so up in the air still, but I like this current run! 

I've got an entire suitcase full of clothes most just for the baby, how can anyone pack light with a 1 year old is beyond me. She's got enough clothes for half the kids at the festival I'm sure, hot, cold, wet, dry... C'mon weather, make your mind up please 😂🙏🙏

It’s a knife edge that’s going to extend into the festival itself, but Wed/Thurs are glorious and that the rain projection from any model means it’s not even going to be approaching a mud bath. 

I’ll take the odd shower over the nasty heat of 17/19. 

I am gunna sign off from this thread & efests before the festival. I have stuff to do on Tuesday before we leave overnight. 

I hope everyone has a great festival. It's been a shite few years for everyone, we all deserve a good one. Lets hope the weather means we can all enjoy it.

A special thanks to @briddj for his sterling work on here & to @The Nal for reminding us that weather reports are always 100%  accurate.

See you all in the fields. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 17

41 minutes ago, briddj said:

SATURDAY

Improved temperatures in this run to 18, but a bit of heavier rain around mid-afternoon to tea time. Clear in the evening and overnight.

image.thumb.png.d130585372a3a3e9b8868ba1b8b5d45b.png

Now this is BIG news.

The low pressure doesn't come over the UK on Saturday, and sits out to the west. Hence the improved Saturday temps and the bands of rain not coming in.

Can this continue through to Sunday?

image.thumb.png.b6724b04cbbb267e628c5d663afe05da.png

Seems like the best time to thank you for the updates over the last weeks!

The first man with a moustache and a bow tie I see on the farm is getting a pint bought for them…

In all seriousness, enjoyed the ride all, it’s been a pleasure - hope everyone in this god forsaken thread has a wonderful festival ❤️

Edited by frankzekilo