The Weather Thread 2022

sedra

In reality there's no way to get an accurate prediction of the weekend, it's all too marginal at the moment, could go any way. Wed/Thurs is much clearer, not having any substantial rain on the main arrival days is a huge bonus, so I'm happy with that at the moment.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, filmguy said:

In reality there's no way to get an accurate prediction of the weekend, it's all too marginal at the moment, could go any way. Wed/Thurs is much clearer, not having any substantial rain on the main arrival days is a huge bonus, so I'm happy with that at the moment.

Yup. Hard ground on arrival meaning it won't get ruined with people coming in and less chance of the rain doing much damage to it.

3 minutes ago, filmguy said:

Yeah this is the impression I'm getting. Looking good til Thursday as has been the case for a while now. Friday-Sunday could go either way. Will only be taking any Sunday forecasts seriously later in the week.

1 hour ago, Quark said:

That's not just clothing though, right?

Right?

Boots in both bags. Toiletries, changings of clothes  for the 5 days and for varying conditions. One jacket each, one sweater each. My backpack is 90% electronics. 2 cameras, 3 lenses, 2 power banks, cables etc. those bags should weigh a bit less after the fest since theres some things that will be used and disposed of like wet naps,  and snacks we packed. 

edit: had a friend who is a meteoroligist in the states look at whats happening  on the models and currently told me to be wary of rain coming in Thursday evening and  just being on and off rain all weekend. He thinks mud, but doesnt have that much of an idea of how the grounds are. So i told him ill update on that.

Edited by Suprefan

3 minutes ago, briddj said:

THURSDAY

Dry yet again, with highs up to 25.

image.thumb.png.3319e80de3bb519017ac0c314e80d3a1.png

And here comes that bloody low, consistent for a few runs.

image.thumb.png.18d6b1c37d32a3a7ee848fff538d02cc.png

Please change this. I like you more when you tell me things I like. I still like you, but now in a more fatherly way. I want glorious, pilled up best mate at the gig of the century liking please.

• Upvote 1

FRIDAY

Highs of 20. There is some light rain around mid-afternoon. Rest of the day is dry - none of the rain hits the site in the evening. This agrees with the latest update to the weather on the BBC app. Dry through the night.

image.thumb.png.243375993321e9201041c9f4da5ff92a.png

And yep, the low continues to be consistent. But as we all know by now... it's all about what happens next. 🤔

image.thumb.png.7084e6a2063d11529fc38ff74824941d.png

2 minutes ago, briddj said:

FRIDAY

Highs of 20. There is some light rain around mid-afternoon. Rest of the day is dry - none of the rain hits the site in the evening. This agrees with the latest update to the weather on the BBC app. Dry through the night.

image.thumb.png.243375993321e9201041c9f4da5ff92a.png

And yep, the low continues to be consistent. But as we all know by now... it's all about what happens next. 🤔

image.thumb.png.7084e6a2063d11529fc38ff74824941d.png

I'll take that Friday.

SATURDAY

Improved temperatures in this run to 18, but a bit of heavier rain around mid-afternoon to tea time. Clear in the evening and overnight.

image.thumb.png.d130585372a3a3e9b8868ba1b8b5d45b.png

Now this is BIG news.

The low pressure doesn't come over the UK on Saturday, and sits out to the west. Hence the improved Saturday temps and the bands of rain not coming in.

Can this continue through to Sunday?

image.thumb.png.b6724b04cbbb267e628c5d663afe05da.png

Edited by briddj
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, briddj said:

SATURDAY

Improved temperatures in this run to 18, but a bit of heavier rain around mid-afternoon to tea time. Clear in the evening and overnight.

Now this is BIG news.

The low pressure doesn't come over the UK on Saturday, and sits out to the west. Hence the improved Saturday temps and the bands of rain not coming in.

I'm starting to cuddle you with a bit more force...

SATURDAY

Now this is BIG news.

The low pressure doesn't come over the UK on Saturday, and sits out to the west. Hence the improved Saturday temps.

I'll take it

SATURDAY

Now this is BIG news.

C’mon HIGH

• Like 1