The Weather Thread 2022

sedra

3 minutes ago, Quark said:

Christ Skoo. How long are you planning on going for?!

In the bag I've got undies & socks, one pair of shorts, 6 tshirts, a hoody and a waterproof jacket and a pair of trainers, plus what I'm wearing on the way down (inc walking boots). Pair of gaiters in the bag as well if the mud's bad. Most of my packing is taken up by the actual camping gear.

How long do you think me and the mrs are going 🤣🤷🏻‍♂️

00180B76-78AA-4AEB-8F19-8356FAF8260B.jpeg

I just chucked a bunch of stuff in without really thinking about it. Couldn't tell you how many tshirts, pants or socks I have in there. But I do have a pair of trousers, shorts that I will wear, fleece, windproof jacket, full waterproofs plus a poncho. Wearing boots in, taking trainers. Don't own any wellies.

16 minutes ago, Quark said:

Christ Skoo. How long are you planning on going for?!

In the bag I've got undies & socks, one pair of shorts, 6 tshirts, a hoody and a waterproof jacket and a pair of trainers, plus what I'm wearing on the way down (inc walking boots). Pair of gaiters in the bag as well if the mud's bad. Most of my packing is taken up by the actual camping gear.

image.gif.6c8a62ee2a04fc7dc2678660dc69a793.gif

8 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

I just chucked a bunch of stuff in without really thinking about it. Couldn't tell you how many tshirts, pants or socks I have in there. But I do have a pair of trousers, shorts that I will wear, fleece, windproof jacket, full waterproofs plus a poncho. Wearing boots in, taking trainers. Don't own any wellies.

My backpack looked huge but contains alcohol (8 large cans and a litre of spirits), t-shirts and undies for six days, two thickish hoodies, a waterproof jacket, my sleeping mat, extra pair of shorts, my day bag, power banks, wash bag, travel johns, and tent pegs for two tents. 

I’ll be carrying that and two pop up tents in with me. Heavy af but only needs to be done once and will be lighter on the way out. 

6 minutes ago, AlexOvd said:

I guess the common opinion here is even though it will get cold in the weekend don't take long trousers but shorts all the way? 

Pretty much. I don't think I've ever bothered with more than shorts tbh. So long as I have a hoody or similar to keep the top warm, my legs tend to be fine.

I've been looking at the Met Office as my main point of reference for the weather and they've just updated for Fri-Sun. When they say "showers" I'm not sure if that's enough to wear a hoodie and tracksuits or if it's worth having waterproofs because it's meant to be all day

7 minutes ago, MrCooky said:

I've been looking at the Met Office as my main point of reference for the weather and they've just updated for Fri-Sun. When they say "showers" I'm not sure if that's enough to wear a hoodie and tracksuits or if it's worth having waterproofs because it's meant to be all day

I don’t think showers, by definition, would last all day. It’ll be on and off spurts here and there. Showers won’t refer to constant, prolonged rain.

Edited by jparx

17 minutes ago, AlexOvd said:

I guess the common opinion here is even though it will get cold in the weekend don't take long trousers but shorts all the way? 

Yep. Never worn long trousers at a festival. Keep your core warm and you’re fine. Plus shorts down get dragged through ankle deep mud.

I suppose the best outlook now that rain is pretty much confirmed for the main music days is that it's not heavy. No chance of the place becoming a mud bath with how dry the ground will be in the days beforehand. Just got to back a decent hoodie or maybe a waterproof. 

3 minutes ago, MrCooky said:

I suppose the best outlook now that rain is pretty much confirmed for the main music days is that it's not heavy. No chance of the place becoming a mud bath with how dry the ground will be in the days beforehand. Just got to back a decent hoodie or maybe a waterproof. 

We're not safe yet, mate. The low could yet be positioned just to the west and stay in that position, meaning we have weather systems ploughing in one after another. Sorry to have such a negative point but it's true all the same. Let's hope not!

Edited by briddj