The Weather Thread 2022

sedra

14 minutes ago, stopwn1981 said:

This may be the new battle ground - pray for a deep trough!

It's looking like a block will be settling up over Scandi this weekend.

These can be high risk high reward; if the blocking high is more east, you just allow lows to come barrelling in shoving warm air away, but if the high is slightly more south and west, lows will still be around but scooping in more continental air from the south.

Of course, we'll need to look at the Atlantic, best case is a deep trough out in the middle allowing Scandi heights to build further west with lows stalling west of Ireland. 

If we get Mid-atlantic heights, I'm afraid there's only one place those lows will go...

netweather 

413fdeb9-224b-42c2-a8ea-1f0738e48f51_tex

2 minutes ago, PolygonWindow said:

Not sure that rain is enough to cause a bad amount of mud ? 

Aye, that much rain over four days isn’t that much really. If the temps are around high teens and there’s some sun in between, it’d be a fairly pleasant few days.

19 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

All this doesn't matter what the weather's like thing is a nice idea, but frankly it's bollocks. It really does matter.

It does matter yes. If its going to be really fucking dreadful. Most accounts right now have us absolutely nowhere near it being like that. It's time to just let go bro. It's not going to be that bad.

6 minutes ago, Glasto Weatherwatch said:

Met Office has updated for the worse - chance of showers on Friday night and heavy showers Sunday evening. 

It’s mostly hovering around 40% chance though. Still totally up in the air on the rain front. 

5 hours ago, paulshane said:

2007, it was grim. I think this was after The Who had finished, it was steadily raining all through the gig, and when they finished, the crowd just -vanished- loads of stuff left, like everyone just popped out to get another beer.

image.thumb.png.978c616ee224c8cbb140e7f196c04ea7.png

still had an amazing time though 🙂

I remember walking past the pyramid after watching gossip at john peel and everyone who had watched the who had just a sand ones their stuff like the Marie Celeste.  A guy was giving away hot pear juice that we (7 of us) mixed with our rum. We just had wee Lycra bodysuits and rain macs but it was so sweaty in gossip we didn’t notice the cold so now we were freezing but we made it round to the naughty corner and had a good old dance until about 2 am. It was tonight but it was character building!

1 hour ago, Glasto Weatherwatch said:

I see we've reached the 'who cares about the weather / it'll be fine whatever / if you're worried about rain you shouldn't be going' stage of the thread, excellent news. Seems to come round earlier and earlier each year!

I was just singing to be honest.

But it's kind of true, it's fine to hope it's gonna be good weather, but you shouldn't worry it's gonna be bad. What will be will be, once you are through the gates you shouldn't be worrying about anything

Just finished first attempt at packing and bag is exploding. Trying to pack for heatwave, plus rain, plus mega wind plus cold night temps is bloody hard. Gonna need a second attempt tomorrow but cutting it fine.

2 minutes ago, Skoo said:

Just finished first attempt at packing and bag is exploding. Trying to pack for heatwave, plus rain, plus mega wind plus cold night temps is bloody hard. Gonna need a second attempt tomorrow but cutting it fine.

Shorts, a pair of 3/4s. hoodie, pack mac rain coat. couple of buttoned shirts, couple of t shirts. Walking boots. 

5 minutes ago, Skoo said:

I dont think packing changes between heatwave or rain...  well, mine didn't anyway...

3 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

Shorts, a pair of 3/4s. hoodie, pack mac rain coat. couple of buttoned shirts, couple of t shirts. Walking boots. 

Yeah this is how it's done, I need to take a leaf out of your book.

Atm I have like 3 pairs of shorts, 4 or 5 dresses, several tops, the usual socks/undies, fleece, puffa jacket, sequin jacket, wig, toiletries, flip flops, trainers, walking shoes, wellies, rain jacket.....then all the miscellaneous stuff like collapsible bucket, stove, hot water bottle, booze, sleeping bag, camping chairs etc etc. 

Packing is not my strong suit.

3 minutes ago, Skoo said:

Atm I have like 3 pairs of shorts, 4 or 5 dresses, several tops, the usual socks/undies, fleece, puffa jacket, sequin jacket, wig, toiletries, flip flops, trainers, walking shoes, wellies, rain jacket.....then all the miscellaneous stuff like collapsible bucket, stove, hot water bottle, booze, sleeping bag, camping chairs etc etc. 

If the walking boots are waterproof, I'd be ditching wellies...

7 minutes ago, Skoo said:

Christ Skoo. How long are you planning on going for?!

In the bag I've got undies & socks, one pair of shorts, 6 tshirts, a hoody and a waterproof jacket and a pair of trainers, plus what I'm wearing on the way down (inc walking boots). Pair of gaiters in the bag as well if the mud's bad. Most of my packing is taken up by the actual camping gear.

Edited by Quark

7 minutes ago, Skoo said:

My rucksack has all my clothes, my toiletries(including medication, sun cream), my chargers, my pillow, my towel, my sleeping bag, couple of safety blankets, first aid kit(plasters, blister plasters) and my 3 litre water carrier. Attached to it is my foot pump and chair. I have my tent, air bed, food bag(includes bits that I couldn't fit in rucksack) and alcohol bag on a small sack trolley. 

Its actually the most I've ever packed, but going by car for once and my partner is going by coach so having to take a few extra bits for them. Normally I would only take a litre of rum and a couple of snacks and buy everything else on site and take a much smaller tent.