The Weather Thread 2022

sedra

2 minutes ago, jparx said:

They key with that 2019 forecast from this time three years ago is that low pressure was again coming in for the weekend, which you can see there with the temp dropping on Saturday and rain on Sunday. Then in reality Saturday ended up the hottest day and it was totally settled. Still time therefore for this low pressure to die off a bit, but certainly the current forecast is looking worse than 2019 so we’d need a bigger swing

So what you’re saying is, we are about to enter the second half the 2005 champions league final?

This is shaping up to be the worst weather for a Glastonbury on record. GFS and UKMO charts are shifting, I have now packed my winter coat and jetski to tackle the swimming pools that will form come Thursday morning (if I don't sell my ticket before, hehe)

Friendly tip, do a CPR course before you attending. Lives will be lost during the inevitable monsoon.

6 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

That GFS looks worse to me. Am I missing something?

Three key big differences.

1. Dry for all the headliners through the evening.

Saturday

image.thumb.png.fb75fdcbe146f1190e37d554b6b49209.png

Sunday

image.thumb.png.62cc66d5ebd18c78c218c77a77cfc4fc.png

2. Rainfall amounts on the Saturday afternoon are pretty much the same on the site.

image.thumb.png.661e5000fc288aa0a56eee4159170c2f.png

3. A possible trend for the low to go north.

image.thumb.png.88c311912eb792fa2b482f238d8edde0.png

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

dickhead here is burnt to a crisp

I’m going to have the opposite problem. I’ve spent a lot of time outdoors recently so got a nice base tan going. Getting my hair cut tomorrow and I know I’m going to have some nice white patches around the hairline. I need some toasty sun straight away. 

2 minutes ago, briddj said:

Saturday

Sunday

2. Rainfall amounts on the Saturday afternoon are pretty much the same on the site.

Or for the low to dieeeeeeee!!!! You know where you are? You're in the forcefield baby! 

15 minutes ago, briddj said:

Saturday

Sunday

ok, well if you're looking specifically at Pilton during times when headliners on...maybe a bit of an improvement...but overall there seems to be just more rain around, some on Thursday night, some during day Friday, loads on Saturday, and some on Sunday. Some of that in the end may be a bit more broken up then shown on those charts, just looks like an increased chance of rain to me.

Hopefully that low moves further north, a lot further.

1 minute ago, steviewevie said:

ok, well if you're looking specifically at Pilton during times when headliners on...maybe a bit of an improvement...but overall there seems to be just more rain around, some on Thursday night, some during day Friday, loads on Saturday, and some on Sunday. Some of that in the end may be a bit more broken up then shown on those charts, just looks like an increased chance of rain to me.

No point looking at Cardiff!

2 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Not sure why you are getting concerned by the rain showing on Thursday and Friday on this run. It's nothing and not even hitting the site and even if it does, it would be light stuff. 

Nothing of any note.

1 minute ago, briddj said:

Not sure why you are getting concerned by the rain showing on Thursday and Friday on this run. It's nothing and not even hitting the site and even if it does, it would be light stuff. 

Nothing of any note.

It's just a little wet. It's still good!

D82FE68D-CAB5-4387-9BB6-A237E99C8ADE.jpeg

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, briddj said:

Nothing of any note.

ok. I'm a bit of a stresshead this afternoon to be honest. Going with the family adds a bit of extra.