The Weather Thread 2022

sedra

2 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Was it?? I just remember it being virtually gone by Sunday.  Not that I did a survey of the site.  I guess at the bottom of Pennard Hill with the lack of drainage, it might have been.

It was flattened in some areas, other areas never recovered. I watched Ian Brown headline Other on Sunday and it was still ankle deep liquid. I know this because I fell over after drinking a bottle of Jack Daniels. 

3 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Was it?? I just remember it being virtually gone by Sunday.  Not that I did a survey of the site.  I guess at the bottom of Pennard Hill with the lack of drainage, it might have been.

I concur.  2005 was great because after the flood it was mostly dry and you had that sort of nice muddy festival aesthetic but it was warm and you could sit down by the end of Sat and into Sun.  My favourite year of the 7 I've been to.

2 minutes ago, Glasto Weatherwatch said:

Met Office and BBC have both definitely improved this afternoon. What new data is driving that?

Ahh yes, that met office forecast has updated in the last hour or so and much better now. Hard stick on that one. 

38 minutes ago, 2019 said:

I just put my wellies back in the shed.

Is there any weather permutation that's now not forecast?

I can't find the dropdown on the charts for plagues of insects

There was one year that it started off wet then dried out and the ground was all bouncy, like a ballroom dancing floor. 2009 was it?

Edited by scaryclaireyfairy
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, lebenski said:

I concur.  2005 was great because after the flood it was mostly dry and you had that sort of nice muddy festival aesthetic but it was warm and you could sit down by the end of Sat and into Sun.  My favourite year of the 7 I've been to.

Blimey, such different conditions in different parts of the site. 

3 minutes ago, scaryclaireyfairy said:

There was one year that it started off wet then dried out and the ground was all bouncy, like a ballroom dancing floor. 2009 was it?

2013 was like that. Shit it down Thu night and by Friday afternoon was scorchio. Wore trainers Sat/Sun 🙂

54 minutes ago, The Nal said:

This was Glasto 07 for most of the time

That was a horrid year for the rain, after you got through the lashing Saturday once Sunday started and you realised the terrain was gonna be just as hard and there wasn't even gonna be a bit of dry to enjoy the day.

I can't recall another year where once I knew it wasn't going to improve I packed up and went home - and without an ounce of regret.

6 minutes ago, scaryclaireyfairy said:

2009 sounds familiar. Some rain on the Thursday evening and Friday morning, but seem to recall it sorting itself out after that for the most part.

17 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Yeah the other stage was pretty much still a quagmire

8 minutes ago, clarkete said:

That was a horrid year for the rain, after you got through the lashing Saturday once Sunday started and you realised the terrain was gonna be just as hard and there wasn't even gonna be a bit of dry to enjoy the day.

I can't recall another year where once I knew it wasn't going to improve I packed up and went home - and without an ounce of regret.

Me too - my girlfriend and I opened the tent on the Sunday - looked at each and other and start packing away. Ended up watching the Who on TV when we got back. It was just endurance...

2007, it was grim. I think this was after The Who had finished, it was steadily raining all through the gig, and when they finished, the crowd just -vanished- loads of stuff left, like everyone just popped out to get another beer.

image.thumb.png.978c616ee224c8cbb140e7f196c04ea7.png

still had an amazing time though 🙂

Edited by paulshane

2005 On Saturday Morning the Glasto Newspaper Frontpage Headline was "Thanks God!" with a picture of the bottom of Pennards on Friday morning.

It did dry up eventually though.   Unlike 2007 which was like a disaster area by the Monday.

15 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Interested in this too. Something must be behind it.

Out of curiosity I am checking cities in the south and for example Southampton has 0 rain over the weekend on MetOffice. Hopefully the rain can move around not in our way.

Edited by AlexOvd

4 minutes ago, Bags73 said:

2005 On Saturday Morning the Glasto Newspaper Frontpage Headline was "Thanks God!" with a picture of the bottom of Pennards on Friday morning.

It did dry up eventually though.   Unlike 2007 which was like a disaster area by the Monday.

Me reading it. Even the paper is covered in it

98799268-D919-4724-BB0E-9599FC15C057.jpeg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, gooner1990 said:

2007 was nice and warm until Friday lunchtime, and that's when the rain started and was pretty consistent for the rest of the weekend.

I'm pretty certain the rain started lightly on Thursday night, and then there was a heavy downpour at something like 5am Friday morning. 

We're looking at an extra 24 hours of dry this year. (Plus much less volume of rain at the weekend than 2007 I'm hoping!)