The Weather Thread 2022

sedra

1 minute ago, LetsGoToMars said:

More 2007 flashbacks.....

Wednesday 12pm vs Saturday 12pm.

And there was another day and a half of rain to fall after that photo was taken 🙃

S6300328.jpg

S6300453.jpg

It's a bit like those before and afters you get of Hiroshima

7 minutes ago, LetsGoToMars said:

More 2007 flashbacks.....

Wednesday 12pm vs Saturday 12pm.

And there was another day and a half of rain to fall after that photo was taken 🙃

S6300328.jpg

S6300453.jpg

I would've been near that stage around then on the Wednesday.  Got smashed on pear cider and then woke up in my tent the next morning, only to discover (via some photos) that my friends had decided to empty glowstick juice (ooh'errr!) all over me while i was passed out.

5 minutes ago, Euphoricape said:

I've finished work now, and so fucking excited I actually couldn't give 2 shits if we have a category 5 hurricane the whole weekend as I'm gonna be free to get as pissed as I want for 5 days straight. And that's what it's all about.

Amen to that, end of thread!

2005 was the flash flood and I still went back, by Sunday the mud was as high as your waist in some places but sticky. 2007 was hard but ways to alleviate the difficulties of nowhere to sit are having seats back the tents under shelter.

Both of those times the weather didn’t fully predict and both of those times the people without wellies were scuppered.

a peaked cap 🧢 is great under a poncho in the rain to stop the dripping on to you your face and to enable you to look up and see the bands! 

5 minutes ago, frecklescorp said:

2005 was the flash flood and I still went back, by Sunday the mud was as high as your waist in some places but sticky. 2007 was hard but ways to alleviate the difficulties of nowhere to sit are having seats back the tents under shelter.

Both of those times the weather didn’t fully predict and both of those times the people without wellies were scuppered.

a peaked cap 🧢 is great under a poncho in the rain to stop the dripping on to you your face and to enable you to look up and see the bands! 

Was it?? I just remember it being virtually gone by Sunday.  Not that I did a survey of the site.  I guess at the bottom of Pennard Hill with the lack of drainage, it might have been.