The Weather Thread 2022

sedra

The worst thing about 2007 was I had just had a major operation after dislocating my ankle, I had finally been allowed to put pressure on it the first week in June so my muscles were not properly built up yet .

I was in agony quite a lot and just had to go back to my tent has had no where to sit 

3 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

It really doesn't look like enough rain for anything more than trainers to me

That’s what my friend said the year of the flash flood. And the ground had been bone dry for weeks. It didn’t even rain that long but it all came down at once. Why risk it? Wellies with decent socks are grand as long as you air your toes every so often 💭

15 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

I wish I went in 2007, just to see what I thought of it.

2007 was awful. No joy at all. On leaving I vowed never to return. Obviously had a good word with myself and went back in 2008. I think the 2007 weather was why it didn't sell out in 2008 nothing to do with booking Jay Z

1 minute ago, lazyred said:

2007 was awful. No joy at all. On leaving I vowed never to return. Obviously had a good word with myself and went back in 2008. I think the 2007 weather was why it didn't sell out in 2008 nothing to do with booking Jay Z

Nah 07 had sound issues everywhere, was the end of Lost Vagenuess, no SE Corner etc.

7 minutes ago, Greenelk said:

It was pretty soul destroying.  You were always wet, which made you cold.  Nowhere to sit down at all, as the site was liquid mud, you got back to your tent, and everything got covered in the mud.  We lost some of our group that year (as in, they didn't go back again, not a lost in the liquid landscape, never to be seen again sort of lost).  One of them got a really bad chest infection due to the wet and cold, and hasn't been to a festival since.

It was grim

That's how I felt in 2019. Like being in a constant oven. Every time you breathe in, it's like treacle cos its so hot. Starting to feel dizzy, taken no drugs, no booze, just water. Its 9am & the over riding thought is "just survive til 8pm ish, then it'll be alright" it became a real thing. 

However 5 days of constant rain could do the same. I'd need to experience it to judge.

Just now, lazyred said:

After 2005 and 2007 I had a break until 2011. Took me a while to recover…

1 minute ago, lazyred said:

2008 was my first Glastonbury so I benefited from the ease of getting tickets and never looked back.  2007 sounds awful but I'm thankful for what it did for me.

23 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Which makes it all the more hilarious. Some people clearly don’t think so, but Nal’s constant over-dooming at the sight of even the slightest bit of rain is the best part of the thread imo - the actual forecasts are meaningless as almost every year past have proven. 

his over dooming seem quite realistic at the moment.

Am in middle of packing so currently have: 

1) hot weather pile 

2) wet weather pile 

3) cold weather pile

4) emergency dry/clean  pile to leave in car. 

Will add and remove probably at least 10 times between now and leaving Weds morning depending on weather forecast 😀☀️ 
I have found a practically new pair of walking boots I forgot I had at the back of the wardrobe so am throwing them in car along with the wellies especially as my walking shoes needed glueing this morning 🙄

13 minutes ago, Fake Encore said:

BBC are now going -

Weds, Thurs, Frid - No Rain

Saturday - Rain

Sunday - No Rain

You would take that any day of the week and twice on Sunday.  Cocked, Locked and Ready to Rock.

yeah and that rain on saturday amounts to pretty much fuck all. Up the BBC. God save the Queen. Fuck Norway.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, frecklescorp said:

That’s what my friend said the year of the flash flood. And the ground had been bone dry for weeks. It didn’t even rain that long but it all came down at once. Why risk it? Wellies with decent socks are grand as long as you air your toes every so often 💭

Oh, I'm not going to risk it. Just hopeful of not having to wear the things.

So, the likeliest scenario is that there will be the threat of some showers from Saturday onward. However, there should still be some warm sunshine in between regardless, with temperatures most likely climbing up into the low-twenties. Plus, there's still a 30-40% probability that it stays mostly dry throughout. 

So... We still don't know.

Not that it matters, it's nice up to Saturday, that's awesome news... None of us will have wellie sores before the music even starts... And we'll enjoy it all no matter the weather anyway.