The Weather Thread 2022

sedra

13 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

The one +ve for cooler weather means longer lie-ins. The tent reaching rotisserie temperature at 6am is not ideal...

And cooler cans (for those of us not bringing a cool box)! I remember grabbing a cider from my tent in 2019 and it was about the same temperature I would usually drink a cuppa tea. Not fun. Looking forward to my lukewarm cider actually being lukewarm 😍

11 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I dunno. Looking back at 97 and 98 tonight reminded me of all those really deep puddles. In 98, I'd have walked in nothing else. And 2007 too was more welly weather, especially on the Sunday.

Not seen the like for years though, especially with the recent drainage improvements.

2007 and 2005 were both fine with boots la, with gaiters you can even go through the knee high stuff 🙂

Just now, Superscally said:

2007 and 2005 were both fine with boots la, with gaiters you can even go through the knee high stuff 🙂

Yeah, gaiters are the ultimate answer to wellies, I agree.  But if you can't be arsed with them (I can't), then wellies are better.  By my reckoning, if it's wet enough for wellies, it's not sticky enough for boots.

5 minutes ago, Guy Incognito said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but this is a better forecast than we had a day or two ago. 

I'm not sure if better or worse...they keep shifting the rain around and we'll likely not know when and how much we'll get until we're on site.

We just need the low to shift up north a bit...then it will be warmer and less windy...and hopefully drier.

19 minutes ago, PolygonWindow said:

It’s unheard of because it’s not going to happen.

Only look until Friday night. Sat-Sun won’t be hot but have the potential to be warm-ish with some showers or even be dry. 

Fingers crossed - as rain plus 15 degrees = mud that won’t dry and it’ll be slippery as fuck

2 minutes ago, The Nal said:

With the addition of the wind now, its the worst weather in the history of the festival. 

The weekend could well be. If it does turn out to be that cold, wet and windy then I think it will go down as one of the worst ever.