The Weather Thread 2022

sedra

The issue with just taking trainers is a lot of these (app) forecasts are swinging about because with showers it totally depends how they spread across the area.

The reality is all models currently show a wet front is coming in on Saturday with showers following as the low sits above us. That could change, but it's not unreasonable to think we might get unlucky and hit with something more substantial (see Friday rain 2014 and 2015, when areas all around Pilton escaped the worst and we got two pretty big soakings which tipped the ground into mud territory). 

Plus this forecast might get worse in next few days (hopefully won't), so if you're packing today definitely take boots or wellies. 

• Like 1

I always have (and always will) arrive in walking boots so I don’t have to worry about the extra room that they take up in your bag. 
Hopefully they’ll then be put away into the corner of the tent when set up, and will only make a reappearance on the following Monday morning, but this way they always there if needed. 

Edited by st dan
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Quark said:

Aye. If it's a bit wet, your skin is the quickest material to dry out!

100% this. Even at Bearded Theory in the evening this year when the temperature dropped right down, never did I think 'my legs are cold' either.

1 minute ago, Henrik said:

Jesus, some of these forecasts make for grim reading this morning. How is it going to be this cold in June FFS

Fell asleep on the couch last night, woke up at 3am and went outside - frosty and could see your breath.

2 minutes ago, waynewdk said:

If I go get some new boots today, u rocking they would need breaking in or give me blisters

I got boots 2 days before the 2016 festival. Wore them around the house for a few hours and they were fine by Wednesday.

Edited by The Nal

12 minutes ago, Glasto Weatherwatch said:

The issue with just taking trainers is a lot of these (app) forecasts are swinging about because with showers it totally depends how they spread across the area.

The reality is all models currently show a wet front is coming in on Saturday with showers following as the low sits above us. That could change, but it's not unreasonable to think we might get unlucky and hit with something more substantial (see Friday rain 2014 and 2015, when areas all around Pilton escaped the worst and we got two pretty big soakings which tipped the ground into mud territory). 

Plus this forecast might get worse in next few days (hopefully won't), so if you're packing today definitely take boots or wellies. 

Don't remember it being that bad at all in 2015. Not doubting you, just puts in to perspective how little you remember rain I guess! If we're looking at 2015 weather, I'd take that all day tbh.

The temps are disappointing.

We listening to Gerry Cinmamon playing in Malahide Castle, Dublin last night in our back garden and it was chilly when the sun went down. Defo hoody temps and the legs were feeling it in the shorts.

2 minutes ago, jparx said:

Don't remember it being that bad at all in 2015. Not doubting you, just puts in to perspective how little you remember rain I guess! If we're looking at 2015 weather, I'd take that all day tbh.

Baking hot Weds and Thurs, forecast was really good generally. We got caught under one pocket of rain Friday early pm - suddenly everything was muddy. 

Wasn't ankle deep shit but non-sit-downable. Then we had showers overnight Saturday just when everything was drying out.

I just want to sit down TBH. 

Edited by Glasto Weatherwatch
typo

2 minutes ago, jparx said:

2015 had a massive downpour on the Friday early evening....I got soaked trying to watch Motorhead on the Pyramid.

It also chucked it down Sunday morning.