The Weather Thread 2022

sedra

All this walking boot talk.

It's trainers or wellies for me.

It's either dry enough to wear trainers or if it's wet then it's wellies.

Wellies give you the freedom to walk where ever and through whatever the fuck you'd like.

I don't want to be weighing up mud wondering if my walking boots can handle the depth. Fuck that.

• Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

as someone mentioned I think kind of pointless to keep looking from now on...it will likely rain at some point between friday and sunday, but we don't know when. Pack waterproofs and boots/wellies just in case (and if you can). And pack for when/if gets cold too.

See you at 10.45.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

All this walking boot talk.

It's trainers or wellies for me.

It's either dry enough to wear trainers or if it's wet then it's wellies.

Wellies give you the freedom to walk where ever and through whatever the fuck you'd like.

I don't want to be weighing up mud wondering if my walking boots can handle the depth. Fuck that.

Yeah this is me too. 

And I wear Hunters. 

Don't @ me bitches!!!

12 minutes ago, Hutchmaster said:

Think I'm going to pick up a pair of walking boots in my last minute Decathlon shop today...

They have quite the range from walking shoes up to some fairly hefty boots.  I've gone for something in the middle, so should be ok for dancing as well as handling the odd puddle.

Just now, FuzzyDunlop said:

I see a lot more people stuck with wellies & wellies coming off in mud, than I do with boots.

Maybe it's cos most are in wellies though?

If you can remove footwear with your hands without untying anything, then mud can too. Wellies only for weather wetter than we're going to get this year.

5 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

They have quite the range from walking shoes up to some fairly hefty boots.  I've gone for something in the middle, so should be ok for dancing as well as handling the odd puddle.

If you can remove footwear with your hands without untying anything, then mud can too. Wellies only for weather wetter than we're going to get this year.

I just cannot get away with wellies but the "muddy hands" tying/untying is horrible with walking boots.

I tend to bring some medical gloves for getting boots on and off. Solves the problem!

1 minute ago, foolsgold1981 said:

I just cannot get away with wellies but the "muddy hands" tying/untying is horrible with walking boots.

I tend to bring some medical gloves for getting boots on and off. Solves the problem!

Great idea. Straight in my bag now

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, foolsgold1981 said:

Mud washes off hands easily.  Wellies that are stuck on are the worst, you can do your hands some injury pulling on those things.