The Weather Thread 2022

sedra

33 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

I thought U2 started well, but the crowd were particularly flat. I was in the pit.

There were sound issues half way through became pretty tiresome. Some knobhead with a green lazer pen at Bono was annoying too.

Seen them 4 times. That is by a long long way the worst occaision.

It’s different going to watch them cause you like them and being a bit disappointed (I fall into this category). But going along just for a hate-watch is the antithesis of Glastonbury. What a waste.

8 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

It's not just the rain that will be annoying, it's the wind too....really need that low to just shift north a bit...and actually still plenty of time for that to happen..

"Small amount of rain" is all it says. I am not taking a coat... or a poncho. If it rains, Im getting a poncho there.

That's IF it rains.

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

Just now, stopwn1981 said:

With that low if a front sets in it could just sit and dump. That’s the unknown. The low looks locked in, everything else is luck and guess work now.

Acceptance 

Isn’t there acceptance that things change … the only locked in days are wed and Thursday …. Or have I missed something ? 🤷🏻‍♀️ 

6 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

"Small amount of rain" is all it says. I am not taking a coat... or a poncho. If it rains, Im getting a poncho there.

That's IF it rains.

I'd be amazed if we ended up with no rain at all. Definitely think we'll get some...hopefully it mostly falls in the middle of night and early morning.

3 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Isn’t there acceptance that things change … the only locked in days are wed and Thursday …. Or have I missed something ? 🤷🏻‍♀️ 

no...it isn't definite...but forecasts have been pretty consistent last few days for a low/trough to move over UK. Maybe it will shift north, but at moment it's heading our way.

2 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Ignore the rain forecast. All the pressure models saying the same - low coming in strong into weekend. So settled it will not be. Although ECM just updating and the low comes in a bit later than GFS. 

Weds/Thurs good. Saturday and Sunday definitely unsettled. Friday still to play for.

1 minute ago, steviewevie said:

I'd be amazed if we ended up with no rain at all. Definitely think we'll get some...hopefully it mostly falls in the middle of night and early morning.

I am convinced & have been it'll be 5 days of a heatwave. After the last few years, that's the luck I have.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

7 hours ago, Leyrulion said:

I keep hearing about the drainage improvements but what was actually done? In my head I think of a sports pitch where they've dug it up and put sand underneath and mixed it with AstroTurf. I'm guessing it's not that?

Loads of different things. You might notice by some of the stages you're suddenly walking over small stones instead of soil - underneath there is a pipe, which either goes to one of the streams on site, or the pipe continues underground, through another farm and out.

The ditches you see around Pennards - those are new, they scoot the water off site. There used to be tents at the bottom of the hill at pennards - now it's a ditch for flood control.

Used to be standing water in all sorts of places, but over the years, they've identified where it would collect and added a drainage point (the stones + a pipe) so it no longer causes a problem.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Noooo the nights are the best times. If it really does have to rain give me a shower in the day than the night time anytime. 

3 minutes ago, D-Low said:

Noooo the nights are the best times. If it really does have to rain give me a shower in the day than the night time anytime. 

🙂

Just me being selfish as I won't be partying all night...way to old and boring for that sort of stuff now...plus going with the family.
Ok, rain in the morning then...not during day when I want to watch bands.

• Upvote 1

Friday is starting to look locked in as mainly dry and still pleasant temperatures. Still, the worst weather in the runs also comes with the lowest confidence. We might not fully know the deal with the actual rainfall until literally on the day and if this blob of rain ends up being passing showers it shouldn’t be a problem in reality. The rain where I am was much better than forecasted this weekend, and I think that was the case in Pilton too.

Edited by jparx

14 minutes ago, stopwn1981 said:

Ignore the rain forecast. All the pressure models saying the same - low coming in strong into weekend. So settled it will not be. Although ECM just updating and the low comes in a bit later than GFS. 

Weds/Thurs good. Saturday and Sunday definitely unsettled. Friday still to play for.

What's ECM showing for Friday? Or still waiting to update..?