The Weather Thread 2022

sedra

Gosh, pollen and wind – two more things for us all to worry about, for other people to point out the futility of us worrying about, and for other people to delight in emphasising that we should be worrying MORE about! The joys of the Weather Thread 😄 

Can't be dealing with the wind, it messes up the sound. Anything over 0.1mph and I'll going to put my AirPods in and go back to the tent until the Monday and spend the rest of the weekend tweeting at Emily Eavis for a refund.

• Like 1

I've seen the latest modelling of the sunset times and am very concerned about the trend of where that's going TBH. Has anyone seen the high tide times for Burnham-on-Sea? Absolute FEMA situation, we'll need assistance from the UN. And what about the phase of the moon on the Friday night? Complete annihilation.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, stopwn1981 said:

All models are useless on most things - stopped clock and all that 

Not really. My company produces some of the most advanced models in my field (fraud detection) we use them with great success.

You do however need to understand they're not fool proof and have limitations. I dont know much about the weather models but id imagine trying to predict something statistically on something as complicated as climate is fucking difficult.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Been for 2 walks today. One this morning was overcast, even had a shower. The one this after was lovely sunshine all the way.

God, a bit of sunshine makes everything better.

I really hope the festival is glorious sunshine for everyone. But like you say a bit of sunshine makes everything better. 2019 the weather was what made it so special for me that I will never go again due to the risk of bad weather. Regardless of the acts there if you could guarantee me 2019 weather I would be there every year 

6 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

You sing it, I’ll play it

Sorry to hijack the thread but do you know if the Prestleigh Inn is open during festival and is it an easy walk from showground, thanks . 

Thanks for the weather updates 👍