The Weather Thread 2022

sedra

2 minutes ago, stopwn1981 said:

It is if you want the low pressure to do one and the high pressure to win out. Because these runs are showing the low winning out and earlier. The ECM and UKMO last runs showed this later or not at all, so hopefully they keep saying that. If they don’t bad news. Hence the point I made. Thanks 

Mate - the runs are getting better compared to y day.

it’ll be fine. 

Edited by PolygonWindow

3 minutes ago, stopwn1981 said:

It is if you want the low pressure to do one and the high pressure to win out. Because these runs are showing the low winning out and earlier. The ECM and UKMO last runs showed this later or not at all, so hopefully they keep saying that. If they don’t bad news. Hence the point I made. Thanks 

My bad the UKMO 12z has updated and it follows the GFS. So prey for ECM

Edited by stopwn1981

It was funny when it was just Nal, does get a bit tedious when those with no imagination of their own jump on the bandwagon. (Pun intended.) 

Nothing wrong with that run, not much rain at all, and shows a HUGE day on day improvement with the previous 12Z. 

Also, the 12Z has been showing the worst outcomes for a few days now, so that makes such a decent run even better. 

• Upvote 5

I think the low pressure or troughs or whatever they're called arriving next weekend is almost set in stone now...just have to see what that means in terms of rain. Might get loads and loads, might just be a few showers. Like with this weekend, they knew there would be some rain, but it was uncertain when or how much.They were forecasting for there to be torrential rain today a few days ago, but as far as I know it hasn't been too bad..although I think there was some rain in Pilton this afternoon.

1 minute ago, Alvoram said:

It was funny when it was just Nal, does get a bit tedious when those with no imagination of their own jump on the bandwagon. (Pun intended.) 

Nothing wrong with that run, not much rain at all, and shows a HUGE day on day improvement with the previous 12Z. 

Also, the 12Z has been showing the worst outcomes for a few days now, so that makes such a decent run even better. 

We must only have one person with an opinion or to post on any issue. We could get this place down to 2 people maybe if we tried hard 

9 minutes ago, Alvoram said:

Lol - I was about to write a very similar post to your first paragraph. 

I don't know what the disagreements are about. There are forecasts and model outputs...and they are there for all to see. So, if someone posts a bad forecast then that's fair enough, same if someone posts a good one.  It's when smartarses blab on endlessly about it being a disaster just it seems for kicks it gets a bit tedious..

• Upvote 4

4 hours ago, oakdown said:

Need to pack to leave early doors tomorrow and picking outfits with this forecast is a nightmare. Mostly trousers with a couple pairs of shorts chucked in? The raincoat's a must, that's for sure. 

Pack for any weather, layers you can add or take away with glitter and sequins on top!!

3 minutes ago, stopwn1981 said:

We must only have one person with an opinion or to post on any issue. We could get this place down to 2 people maybe if we tried hard 

Who said anything about opinions being a problem 🙂 

I was referring to the one liners full of superlatives. 😉

They're clearly doing it for fun / joking / trolling... That was Nal's thing. But at least Nal was doing it in protest at how pointless reading charts more than 10 days out is... It feels like some are doing it now specifically to upset people. 🤷‍♂️

(For the record, I haven't noticed you doing this yourself.)

Never mind, I guess that's what ignore is for. 

4 minutes ago, Alvoram said:

Who said anything about opinions being a problem 🙂 

I was referring to the one liners full of superlatives. 😉

They're clearly doing it for fun / joking / trolling... That was Nal's thing. But at least Nal was doing it in protest at how pointless reading charts more than 10 days out is... It feels like some are doing it now specifically to upset people. 🤷‍♂️

(For the record, I haven't noticed you doing this yourself.)

Never mind, I guess that's what ignore is for. 

I think people are doing it from a superstitious point of view - an almost mental preparing for the worst and hoping for the best!

23 minutes ago, RRChip said:

Looking at these models and being unsure what to pack, I’m thinking it’s not gonna be a trainer only festival, walking boots required for the weekend. And a light rain jacket and hoodies kinda deal. 

Not too arsed though, I’ve missed the obsessive meteorological analysing as an intrinsic part of the Glasto magic 

Glad the festival is almost here, becoming rather tedious , although i still look 😛. Tbh now we can look at the forecasts, met office being the one i trust the most. I will pack on Monday accordingly.

Everyone is talking about hot weather and wet weather but no one is talking about WIND!!!! Where are the wind experts? I can handle hot, I can handle wet (I'll sit on a carrier bag).

But if its windy, that's what makes it soooooo cold! And think of us long hair folk, even with best intentions of tying it all back neatly, doesn't work if it's blowing at all angles and you end up eating all your wispy hair with your food.

Can keep dry under a small umbrella out of the way somewhere if it's just rain straight down. But not if it's blowing in sideways. Don't want my takeaway containers blowing in my face and smudging my glitter face paint.

Wind is defo my worst case. What's the farm like for wind shelter! 🤣🤣🤣🤣

(Obviously playing up a little bit here for the drama of the weather thread, just for the people at the back)

Edited by Bike_Like_A_Mum

3 minutes ago, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

Everyone is talking about hot weather and cold weather but no one is talking about WIND!!!! Where are the wind experts? I can handle hot, I can handle wet (I'll sit on a carrier bag).

But if its windy, that's what makes it soooooo cold! And think of us long hair folk, even with best intentions of tying it all back neatly, doesn't work if it's blowing at all angles and you end up eating all your wispy hair with your food.

Can keep dry under a small umbrella out of the way somewhere if it's just rain straight down. But not if it's blowing in sideways. Don't want my takeaway containers blowing in my face and smudging my glitter face paint.

Wind is defo my worst case. What's the farm like for wind shelter! 🤣🤣🤣🤣

(Obviously playing up a little bit here for the drama of the weather thread, just for the people at the back)

Yeah wind is an awfull thing to have on the farm … leads to all kinds of shit