The Weather Thread 2022

sedra

8 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

BBC have taken the rain out of Friday completely, now showing a 69% chance of not raining on Saturday. 

Nice.

I'm not sure if you have a different view to me, but it's worth pointing out that a 69%(nice) chance of no rain every hour isn't the same as 69%(nice) chance of it staying dry all day.

If you tossed a 24 times and there was a 50% chance of heads, it would be way more than a 50% chance of getting heads in the whole day.

45 minutes ago, waynewdk said:

This thread has some informative stuff, and it becomes more reliable as we get closer, but I’m getting the vibe that a few people are missing the jest in the posts

I guess now we're so close and there is a risk it might actually lash it down, patience is wearing a bit thin for jokes about how shit the weather is going to be all weekend.

Last night I said that if it was wet, it was obviously too soon, but if it was dry, it was clearly now we'll within the reliable period.  

I. Was. Joking. If you're leaving today or tomorrow, you can't remotely rule out rain. The whole of the British Isles, but specifically in this case Somerset is perpetually at the intersection of weather systems. Don't do something silly like not packing raincoats or proper footwear because of a couple of promising runs!

Weather for this year aside I’d like to hear from the boot wearers.

I’ve always chosen wellies (I have short ones for when it’s not mudfest) because even though the walking boots look nice and comfy they look like SUCH a ballache to clean when they get muddy.

is that just part and parcel of sturdy comfort? How easy do you find yours to maintain? Maybe it’s time I bought a pair…

cheers!

2 minutes ago, doodlesbyben said:

I’ve always chosen wellies (I have short ones for when it’s not mudfest) because even though the walking boots look nice and comfy they look like SUCH a ballache to clean when they get muddy.

is that just part and parcel of sturdy comfort? How easy do you find yours to maintain? Maybe it’s time I bought a pair…

cheers!

There's a whole thread on boots vs trainers vs wellies on the first page of the forum that might be better for this topic?

You're right though, boots are a bit harder to clean after the festival. But if they're waterproof it's not that much harder. At the festival there's no point cleaning anything, just knock off any stuck on mud every now and again to avoid carrying extra weight, and try and degunk the laces as much as you can when you take your boots off at night (if you're in a fit state to remember).

55 minutes ago, doodlesbyben said:

cheers!

Why would you clean your boots? In all seriousness, I tend to knock off the big bits or maybe hose them down a little bit (good boots are waterproof), but in general boots are supposed to be more than a little dusty.

Edited by stuartbert two hats
Watermark -> waterproof

27 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I'm not sure if you have a different view to me, but it's worth pointing out that a 69%(nice) chance of no rain every hour isn't the same as 69%(nice) chance of it staying dry all day.

If you tossed a 24 times and there was a 50% chance of heads, it would be way more than a 50% chance of getting heads in the whole day.

Stop coming here with logic. 

26 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I don't remember 2017 nights being anywhere near as hot as 2019.

2019 was unbearable at night. I clock watched from 11pm until 4am unable to sleep before my Oxfam early shift , then it was light 😭😭😭🤣