The Weather Thread 2022

sedra

2 minutes ago, March Hare said:

Ok ok, I’ll pack it as an offering to the weather gods

Perfect, thank you… 🙂 Not that I’m absurdly superstitious or anything.

1 minute ago, Euphoricape said:

I'm sure accuweather are about 2 days behind everyone else. 

When you start following the raw model data it really starts to show how behind the curve some forecasts are. I really wish any site showing forecasts had to specify their sources - something based off a 24-48 hour old model shouldn’t be given much credibility. 

4 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Was it sunny in 2016, Before the friday? 

Going through some photos & there is 1 of me. Sunburnt nose, poncho & loving Dakkabrakka.

Was it hot on the Wed afternoon?

Ummmm not really? There might have been the odd brightish spell but defo not hot or sunny. 

TBH with the UV at this time of year it doesn’t need to be sunny to get burnt. A full day out in the open without a hat or sun protection will do it, even if grey…

5 minutes ago, jimmillen said:

Perfect, thank you… 🙂 Not that I’m absurdly superstitious or anything.

When you start following the raw model data it really starts to show how behind the curve some forecasts are. I really wish any site showing forecasts had to specify their sources - something based off a 24-48 hour old model shouldn’t be given much credibility. 

I guess some could be analysing various models and looking for trends etc instead of just updating after each run...

17 minutes ago, Lucy92 said:

Happy countryfile forecast day! 

My god it’s been so long that I’ve forgotten about this. 
Let’s hope for a good one. 

I have just woken up to unexpected sunshine breaking though the crack in my curtains. I’m 20mins west of the site. 

Edited by bennyboi

Happy to wake up and see that the positive swing from last night hasn't been completely crushed by later runs, definitely trending up. 🙂 ECM is the best news!!!

A little more precipitation in the 00Z than the 18Z, but it's still much better than the 6Z and 12Z of yesterday, and is definitely showing an improving picture. 

We had a lot of rain here yesterday, looking at the ground in my beer garden, it's dry already, and still cracked in places!!! Looks like all the grass and plant life snapped up yesterday's moisture in a desperate bid for survival!

5 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

So at the moment, its dry & minimal rain for the weekend? But not a 5 day heatwave?

If that's the case, I'm sticking. It could be a lot worse.

I'll have to survive 2 days. 

different forecasts saying different things for next weekend...don't think we'll know for sure until next weekend...but maybe not a total washout as some were indicating yesterday.

Accuweather is my standard go to and isn't looking great for Pilton. Hope it changes, looks like we could get a rainy day over the weekend right now but otherwise a solid 20 degrees.