The Weather Thread 2022

sedra

6 minutes ago, Trunks1993 said:

60mm of rain in one day at Glasto 2007. Did people still enjoy the festival? Can’t imagine I would myself 

6A1AAFAB-F02B-4E71-83A8-5218E350F109.jpeg

It was relentless. Not just one day the whole festival. 

still preferred it to 2016 though 

Just now, danbailey80 said:

Every time I've checked BBC weather it's said 'moderate breeze' every day which is a noticeable breeze. 

I am hoping that the breeze / wind forecast will be really useful at making people feel more comfortable if it is warm, especially @FuzzyDunlop

Problem with that is that it can also feel so cooling that people forget to cover up / put on suncream. 

image.thumb.png.e0271de2996e8c1ff4e04cdcb6cefca2.png

Apologies if teaching anyone to suck eggs but these are a great idea. I go on fairly long runs in the any heat fuelled by 500mls of this without taking any fluids with me. Always give anyone in our group some in the mornings to kickstart the day; great hangover help too. They sell them in Tesco. 

3 minutes ago, Metal Monkey said:

I don't remember the rain at all. I only remember Bjork was too quiet from that year!

It was - Oh so quiet.

The Sunday evening and night was really, really grim. It was still hammering down Monday morning as we were leaving, then stuck in the car park for hours.

Edited by Chip Batch

6 minutes ago, SighMo said:

Apologies if teaching anyone to suck eggs but these are a great idea. I go on fairly long runs in the any heat fuelled by 500mls of this without taking any fluids with me. Always give anyone in our group some in the mornings to kickstart the day; great hangover help too. They sell them in Tesco. 

I use these often due to sweating a lot when cycling/running/swimming, the pink grapefruit flavour are the best.

2 minutes ago, Chip Batch said:

It was - Oh so quiet.

The Sunday evening and night was really, really grim. It was still hammering down Monday morning as we were leaving, then stuck in the car park for hours.

I don't mind it so much on a Sunday as you're going home the next day, but yes being stuck in the car park with a hangover is pretty grim. 

1 minute ago, Johnnyseven said:

I use these often due to sweating a lot when cycling/running/swimming, the pink grapefruit flavour are the best.

8 minutes ago, SighMo said:

Thirded - in my Glasto pack, am an SiS fanboy 

13 minutes ago, SighMo said:

aren't dioralyte good for that sort of thing?