The Weather Thread 2022

sedra

Some sensible advice for dealing with festival heat. 

Straw hats are great, lightweight and will protect/ears and necks from the worse of the sun. 

Handheld water misters. Use one of those in a crowd and those around you will be wanting a face full of spray too. 

Obviously stay well hydrated. 

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, Quark said:

Believable tbh.  I know of a few people who got sunstroke in 17 and 19, and my entire group was broken on the Thursday afternoon in 19 when we couldn't find any shade. If people like Fuzzy are really struggling with no escape from it I could see it as an unfortunate option

You’re telling me these temps are sun stroke territory?!

2C2A37C6-007D-4DDF-B8F9-54501939B100.png

13 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

You’re telling me these temps are sun stroke territory?!

2C2A37C6-007D-4DDF-B8F9-54501939B100.png

Perfect this. Saying that, it's 25 today here and there's a lovely breeze and totally manageable. Felt there was no wind in 2019 which made it unbearable.

11 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Some sensible advice for dealing with festival heat. 

Straw hats are great, lightweight and will protect/ears and necks from the worse of the sun. 

Handheld water misters. Use one of those in a crowd and those around you will be wanting a face full of spray too. 

Obviously stay well hydrated. 

I've mentioned these before, but these sort of things have been really useful for me at hot festivals and holidays:

image.thumb.png.478235ed2bdb00d6e8107735bc54ce61.png

Out of stock online, but they might be in stores: https://www.bodycareonline.co.uk/product/insette-instant-cooling-spray-3-x-45ml/ and Boots and Superdrug do their own similar version.

Also these are fun, and good for festival showering too:

image.thumb.png.7c4724783f5da644fc42224fb71f9fec.png

Might be a bit late for ebay but here's a link anyway: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/394112877306?var=662640728670&hash=item5bc2f542fa%3Ag%3Ai4kAAOSwiqdipviu&LH_BIN=1

5 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

I don't think the forecast is for it to be that high mate. 🙂 

I know it's all to play for and some of the forecasts will change etc. Staying out of the forecasting bit tbh, madness.

But this thread of the conversation was specifically about whether people would bail if that high forecast does come to pass, which is where the heatstroke bit came in.  🙂

43 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Ambulance_UPDATED.jpg

I hope you don’t have to wait for it to come from Yorkshire.

Seriously though I hope for your sake it isn’t another 2019. Mrs Tarw got sunstroke and it was not good.  Keep the faith I’m sure that you can cope with whatever the weather throws at you.

If somehow the rain is not falling in the site this weekend, how many days straight we had without any single drop? For sure the ground can take any potential rain, even if it's a storm. Watching videos of the site now it looks extremely dry & dusty.

Edited by AlexOvd

It’s just hit 30°C in North Essex and the weather is lush for sitting around in - there’s a really nice strong cool breeze. Without the breeze I would literally be melting though and I wouldn’t want to have to be moving around too much today. 

2 hours ago, JoeyT said:

I was going to go for a run this lunchtime but these charts have got me right in the feels.

Think it'll be glastocast and a walk now!

Just back from 8 miles along the prom; probably best to wait until this evening.