The Weather Thread 2022

sedra

I think if the temperatures get ‘too hot’ for some then they’re probably best changing their plan for the bands they originally intended to see, in order to avoid the long walking between some of the stages.
This is what a couple of our group did in 2010 and stayed around The Park for the majority of the Saturday. Might not be what you want to do, but it makes it more manageable if you can see shade breaks within one area. 

Just now, steviewevie said:

I really think they might have to move festival to earlier in June or May if this becomes the norm...or just provide stuff for hot weather...water cannons, more shaded areas, air con.

Massive swimming pool is what we need. Might be a slight health and safety concern with all the excess drink and drugs being consumed though.

1 minute ago, gooner1990 said:

because of good weather?!

Believable tbh.  I know of a few people who got sunstroke in 17 and 19, and my entire group was broken on the Thursday afternoon in 19 when we couldn't find any shade. If people like Fuzzy are really struggling with no escape from it I could see it as an unfortunate option

1 minute ago, steviewevie said:

I really think they might have to move festival to earlier in June or May if this becomes the norm...or just provide stuff for hot weather...water cannons, more shaded areas, air con.

Yeah let's move it to February to pacify all the psychopaths who don't like nice weather.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Euphoricape said:

Massive swimming pool is what we need. Might be a slight health and safety concern with all the excess drink and drugs being consumed though.

The only thing grimmer than that would be a massive dirty sex pond jacuzzi

I really think they might have to move festival to earlier in June or May if this becomes the norm.

The festival has always been linked to the summer solstice. 

Shall we move Christmas as well just because it gets a bit cold?

Cannot believe there are complaints about mid twenty degree weather oh my days, it's literally perfect imo - plenty of beer/water, stick a hat and shades on and job's a goodun. Shorts and tees all round with no wellies in sight? Just the thought brings tears to my eyes. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 5

they're the cooler days. I'm going to go for it on those...and then go home Friday.

thurs / weds are the best days anyway!

The reason why I say take it easy on those days, I find it easier to handle the heat on the main days because there's lot going on you're mind if off heat a bit

2 minutes ago, SpencerF said:

Cannot believe there are complaints about mid twenty degree weather oh my days, it's literally perfect imo - plenty of beer/water, stick a hat and shades on and job's a goodun. Shorts and tees all round with no wellies in sight? Just the thought brings tears to my eyes. 

100%

Glastonbury: West Holts line-up poster revealed | TheFestivals

24 minutes ago, benc said:

thurs / weds are the best days anyway!

The reason why I say take it easy on those days, I find it easier to handle the heat on the main days because there's lot going on you're mind if off heat a bit

I'll be ok...I'd just prefer it if a bit cooler. I'll probably lay off the booze and stuff a bit more than I would if a more normal temperature, and maybe see less bands. I imagine a lot of people will go a bit nuts because you know, lock down and things, and there will be a few casualties.

Edited by steviewevie

13 minutes ago, Euphoricape said:

Put it under the pier to bring even more immersion to Glastonbury on Sea

• Upvote 1