The Weather Thread 2022

sedra

25 minutes ago, jezzer said:

I'm editing this page, do not worry we're looking on the wider implications of the changing climate and the extensive European heatwave too - may even lob some Glastonbury weather thread in too 🙂

eFests shout out or we riot.

SUNDAY

Bone dry, and getting even warmer! 25 degrees.

image.thumb.png.6b861b23f343ce3afcf2e7d053e53c72.png

Pressure has dropped a little, but high is still in command.

image.thumb.png.95d10ee82b137913979404b52e13ddff.png

SUMMARY

What a difference a day makes. In this run, the high is absolutely dominant and the effect of the continuous presence of the high pressure is going to undoubtedly lead to growing warming through the festival (if it were to happen).

Only very brief showers are around early on.

But this is all still TOO EARLY. And as we saw from yesterday, it can change very soon.

For more confidence, you'd need to see the apps and sites getting on board shortly.

KNIFE. EDGE.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, steviewevie said:

Sunday even hotter.

Selling my ticket.

I was going to go for a run this lunchtime but these charts have got me right in the feels.

Think it'll be glastocast and a walk now!

Edited by JoeyT

1 minute ago, briddj said:

SUNDAY

Bone dry, and getting even warmer! 25 degrees.

image.thumb.png.6b861b23f343ce3afcf2e7d053e53c72.png

Pressure has dropped a little, but high is still in command.

image.thumb.png.95d10ee82b137913979404b52e13ddff.png

SUMMARY

What a difference a day makes. In this run, the high is absolutely dominant and the effect of the continuous presence of the high pressure is going to undoubtedly lead to growing warming through the festival (if it were to happen).

Only very brief showers are around early on.

But this is all still TOO EARLY. And as we saw from yesterday, it can change very soon.

For more confidence, you'd need to see the apps and sites getting on board shortly.

KNIFE. EDGE.

They are indeed, starting to change a bit

image.thumb.png.f2966321c296c4868b8a046099a517ea.png

Just now, FuzzyDunlop said:

Horrendous. As bad as it gets... and it's getting worse.

Sorry pal. I'll be struggling a bit but can cope with this weather, but it looks proper bad for you. Hope the temps come down a wee bit

3 minutes ago, AlexOvd said:

This thread is just madness. Were the previous years runs that crazy? Literally yesterday I was planning to pack clothes for Alaska and now I am in the bloody Madrid? What the hell.

I don't remember a year when it was so uncertain at this stage over a very specific high vs. low battle - rather than just weather patterns.

Think this has been a unique, uncertain year for that one reason - and still no one can know which way it will go. Yet.