The Weather Thread 2022

sedra

We're a bit of a weird country aren't we? The BBC literally have a live news feed thread dedicated to the fact it's hot today https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-61830963

The climate change issues are fascinating and should be promoted, but a thread dedicated to live temperature updates across the country, Ascott dress codes...Bizarre.

43 minutes ago, scaryclaireyfairy said:

Stop being scared (yeah, yeah, I know). Think about how it might get tough but you WILL cope cos you've coped before (albeit by a bawhair, it still counts) and you're going to try some new things this time to make your time easier. It will not be worse than '19. Whether you have a panic attack or not, it doesn't matter, you've got this.

Get thee to a charity shop and buy a big-ass, long-sleeved shirt that's at least 2 sizes too big. Allocate a budget to buy baggy, stupid festival trousers from one of the stalls. Or a kaftan. Take a wee handbag brolly so you'll always have access to some approximation of shade.

Thanks for the pep talk. This morning I have bought 2 big bottles of factor 50. And an "oversized UV umbrella" from Amazon. 

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Actually not too bad in Manchester this morning.  It's hot, but some high cloud around so sun a bit hazy sometimes, and there's quite a nice breeze.

I bet London is lovely today.

On my way to Manchester today for the weekend. Bloody love that city and it’s people. Never more beautiful than in the sun.

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, jparx said:

We're a bit of a weird country aren't we? The BBC literally have a live news feed thread dedicated to the fact it's hot today https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-61830963

The climate change issues are fascinating and should be promoted, but a thread dedicated to live temperature updates across the country, Ascott dress codes...Bizarre.

I'm editing this page, do not worry we're looking on the wider implications of the changing climate and the extensive European heatwave too - may even lob some Glastonbury weather thread in too 🙂

• Upvote 1