The Weather Thread 2022

sedra

11 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Quite like this weather forecast thing...might get on the netweather forums...much better than politics.

I signed up after going through this rollercoaster in 2016. I do seem to have a mild obsession with the weather as I vist the site quite often. I'm yet to post there though as I don't have a eff clue what they are talking about. 

Making our final preparations to leave for Glastonbury in a few hours time.  It’s absolutely pissing down here, really heavy rain. Neighbours are looking at me in amazement wearing shorts packing lager and bags into the car with hears the thing by sports team blasting out.  Meanwhile the river at our front door is rising.  Somerset can’t come quick enough!

8BDA62EA-3F79-49AD-AC2F-7EACC9DA2A5E.thumb.jpeg.a7fb7659cc6ad78f12c17021dadb16ea.jpeg

Edited by Ayrshire Chris
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Making our final preparations to leave for Glastonbury in a few hours time.  It’s absolutely pissing down here, really heavy rain. Neighbours are looking at me in amazement wearing shorts packing lager and bags into the car. Meanwhile the river at our front door is rising.  Somerset can’t come quick enough!

8BDA62EA-3F79-49AD-AC2F-7EACC9DA2A5E.thumb.jpeg.a7fb7659cc6ad78f12c17021dadb16ea.jpeg

Glasto weather aside, how lovely is it to have that river at your front door!

Edited by TheDayman
  • Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

A fire engine was spraying cold water onto the path on the really hot day of 2017.  The kind of amount that would completely soak you if you walked through it. Nobody complained!

Least of all me, who was really starting to overheat, even rubbing ice on my head didn't help, but the water spray sorted me right out.

was that up by the Avalon? i remember that happening too, was it the Thursday? it was so damn hot.

1 hour ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Yeah. The worst is, I am genuinely scared. I'm scared of having a panic attack in it. Which means Im more likely to have 1. I havent had 1 for a long time, but I also havent been in the sun since. 

I am determined to enjoy the festival, but if there is a heatwave, the likelihood is, I'm going to suffer.

Stop being scared (yeah, yeah, I know). Think about how it might get tough but you WILL cope cos you've coped before (albeit by a bawhair, it still counts) and you're going to try some new things this time to make your time easier. It will not be worse than '19. Whether you have a panic attack or not, it doesn't matter, you've got this.

Get thee to a charity shop and buy a big-ass, long-sleeved shirt that's at least 2 sizes too big. Allocate a budget to buy baggy, stupid festival trousers from one of the stalls. Or a kaftan. Take a wee handbag brolly so you'll always have access to some approximation of shade.

20 minutes ago, Perks said:

was that up by the Avalon? i remember that happening too, was it the Thursday? it was so damn hot.

To be honest, I was really losing the plot at the time, properly on the edge of heatstroke. I thought it was closer to Greenpeace/W Holts area, but if you remember it being by Avalon, it'll be the same one - unless someone deployed a cluster of fire engines spraying everyone!

• Like 1